Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't be happier!!!!!

Well Well Well....

After having not paid a mortgage payment in over 3 years, we are finally having the house auctioned off at the court steps in our
    county on June 14th....YEAH! Finally get that monkey off my back!

It's kinda weird because my name has been published in the local paper for 2 weeks now and a friend of ours basically asked where our old house was located. They were too unsure whether to mention they read about the sale in the paper. A few other people just look at you differently and I had one person call and ask if they could buy it from us now. I am excited to have this chapter over with and am elated all of this is finally happening. I'm over what others think cause they haven't walked a mile in my shoes since this all started. It will be a nice feeling knowing I'm not responsible in any way, shape, or form for that place that controlled my life for too many years.

I did get a frantic call a few weeks ago from an old neighbor that the airconditioners were stolen from the property. I have heard that sometimes the property management companies for the bank purposely remove them so that they won't get stolen once the sale is published in the paper. But that's not my problem now.

I do wonder what happens after the auction/sale happens. Do I get notified of it by letter or some means? If so, about how long?

Light is at the end of the tunnel now.

Yippee!
    CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
    Discharged: 7/25/12

Hi and yes that is a wonderful feeling BUT do not get too excited until you see the sale completed on the sheriff website. Our house finally went to sale today and I pulled up the website to see if it were updated with the sale infomation (usually they are very good about updating right after the sale happens) and that it was "No Bid" No Sale"...so moral of the story is, its not over until its over....Good Luck!

Comment

you are suppose to be notified during the entire process when in foreclosure. i envy you! but at this point after 5 years i realized chase will never foreclose on our property, so it doesn't make any difference either way.

it's good to get it all behind you
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by Drazil65 View Post
        Hi and yes that is a wonderful feeling BUT do not get too excited until you see the sale completed on the sheriff website. Our house finally went to sale today and I pulled up the website to see if it were updated with the sale infomation (usually they are very good about updating right after the sale happens) and that it was "No Bid" No Sale"...so moral of the story is, its not over until its over....Good Luck!
        You're right Drazil65....just got notified that the sale has been postponed a week until June 21st. I know that I will not feel real relief until our names are off of the deed after the auction. I wonder if there is a minimum amount they need at the auction since yours was a "No Bid No Sale"? I have an old neighbor who was going to the sale to see if maybe he could buy it and my mother was going to go to it too just to see what happened for us.

Tobee43...I did think about you and was wondering if we were gonna be like you and waiting forever for "something" to happen. I feel for you...man...5 years is just plain wrong! I sure hope the new sale date goes through without another reschedule.

So 2 more weeks I hope to have good news!

Comment

Hi, I think the min bid is usually set by state laws, in our case the min bid starts at 2/3 of the appraisal amount. I just replied to my other thread on this subject with the information I rec'd from the sheriff office and the bank attorney office. No good news for us I'm afraid. In Ohio there is just too much inventory and the banks are sitting as they do not want the property in their names because of it. I think it also makes the housing numbers look better for the economy if the property remains in the owners name so they do not have to "count" it when posting the numbers (foreclosed inventory on the market). Good Luck with yours and hope everything goes your way...

Comment

Tobee43...I did think about you and was wondering if we were gonna be like you and waiting forever for "something" to happen. I feel for you...man...5 years is just plain wrong! I sure hope the new sale date goes through without another reschedule.
            i was worried about it so long until i found out about the N.J.S.A. 46:10B-51, the New Jersey Creditor Responsibility Law...which makes me not responsible for anything at all...i think the OnLY law of it's kind in the country although a few were trying to pass something similar. but even so 5 years is unreal, we really think it's the house and all the water problems, although oddly enough although it's dropped over 50% in value is one of the most expensive homes listed in the area, i'm sure the town keeps the assessments up as the creditors in the state are responsible for the taxes! forever! that law says once a summons is served to foreclosed in nj the creditor brought the place basically. WAS i glad to find that out. also the statue of limitation for deed transfer is 20 years, so it will just sit and rot forever until i guess the town or state or someone comes in and knocks it down maybe. i haven't a clue and don't care anymore! now that feels sooooooo good LOL!!
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Update: Had some noisy ex-neighbors who wanted to go to the auction to bid on the house. I told them to call the lawyers in charge of the foreclosure. They did and was told indeed a week later for the auction. My husband called the lawyers for my mother to know when to go to the auction and he was rudely told it was cancelled....double frown. That day I received not one but 3 different HAMP packages to fill out...more double frown. I wrote, "No thanks" on the cover letter and sent them back in their prepaid FEDEX envelopes. Now I'm discouraged...! I thought we were close to being off the hook on this thing. I was told by the noisy ex-neighbors that another neighbor just next to the old house is saying all kinds of crap about us and is upset that the front steps are broken...hmmm...haven't been there in 8 months. My mother went by and it ends up that the house is settling more and there is foundation problems causing these very huge cement steps to separate from the porch. That's not my fault that that nightmare of a place is settling more on a 15 year old home. Sure makes me glad that we surrendered the house in our CH13. I just want it gone... !

Comment

Wow, you're a lucky soul! I wish I could say the same. My main concern at this point is avoiding a citation since the grass (weeds!) is getting tall. I drive past the house and it's heartbreaking to see because it LOOKS abandoned. My neighbor asked if he could park his truck in my driveway and I said sure - it makes it look as though someone still lives there.

Comment

Billssuck so sorry the sale didn't take place. these so & so banks push you out the door, refuse to work with you and then after you leave they don't want your house they want you to go back, with us it was about 5 years since we lived there so you can imagine it most likely needs at least 100k worth of work. right and you just going to reapply for a loan now. what the heck?

surrender in the legal terms just means that one makes the property available to the creditor, it does not necessarily mean you hand it back to them as we understand the word "surrender" to be. one puts their hands up in the air and says ok you got me, the difference here is they can say thanks for doing that but we don't want it so you take it back LOL!! fat chance. you got em. you listed the mortgage on your bk wouldn't the bank just LOVE for you to sign a nice piece of paper throwing you back into a mess.

ohheckno: yes, we are so lucky, where the law i mentioned above, passed that if a creditor serves you with a summons of foreclosure and records it on record it's theirs to upkeep. in nj they cannot go after you for the lawn, for the tree falling into the house and breaking the windows even for someone drowning in the pool. once the creditor serves you it's theirs lock stock and barrel, so we are most fortunately. although where we lived which was very mountainous country secluded area, there were no local or county ordinances to cut ones lawn, actually you were allowed if you want to have your old car rusting there. most driveways were 100 feet into the main road anyway. also no trespassing signs are taken very seriously where we came from. boy i use to hate nj, except the pizza and now this law LOL!!

good idea to have someone parking in the driveway!
                  Last edited by tobee43; 06-23-2013, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Update...again...! Okay I am now up to 10, yes 10, of the Fedex HAMP packages from BOA wanting me to apply for a modification. I have written notes
                    on the cover letters of the 7 I have sent back thus far saying No Thanks, Discharged in CH13 BK, etc. . It almost feels like they are trying to collect
                    on a discharged debt and that is breaking the law.

I also have two previous neighbors who want to go to the auction and are interested in the property. One wants me to give them an inside tour...uh..the locks were changed almost a year ago and I have no idea what the inside condition is now. The other keeps calling at my work wanting info and I just want to be left alone. This all is crazy!

Comment

Hi again, yes once our new servicer pulled our sale they continued to try to get us to do a mod, finally we just stopped all communication with them (quit trying to tell them we were not doing mod). Seemed like the more we told them we were discharged and not interested in doing mod the more they contacted us. So, we stopped and eventually the fedex pkgs stopped. It finally went back up for auction (6 months after the first sale was canceled), then no bid with no bank take back. So, we are back to waiting, do not know what they will do next BUT we are resigned to the fact that we may be sitting on this property (in another state) for a very long time.

Comment

it's the same all over. these banks pushing one out the door locking it and then want you to take it back! for people like me and some others that have been out of our homes for a few plus years this is so ridiculous! now these banks are so overloaded with inventory it's coming out their butts and no one to sell them to, or if someone tries they aren't giving mortgages. none of this makes much sense at all.

this yo yo stuff. i'll tell you, i would turn their butts directly into the FTC plus the OCC because in a way, it is in fact an attempt to collect on a debt that was discharged. at least that would be my position.

Comment

Hi
                          I don't know the reasons for you are happy.
                          in Florida, after the sale, no bid, the lender takes back the property, and we have to deal with the total amount owed.
                          please help me understand.

Comment

To OP: Did your house finally go to sale? Did anyone bid or bank take back? Update please (want to hear of someone getting good news with a foreclosure)...

Here we sit, almost November and no more movement since the no bid in June. Our present servicer, Bayview Servicing (they were the ones that did not bid the property to take back at June auction) is just sitting on it. They keep sending information through the mail "in case we want to short sale", they walk a very thin line with the verbiage in their short sale information letter. They are our third servicer (sold to them by BOA) and even though they have secured the property by changing the locks, winterized the pipes and paid the taxes they are just sitting on it, two years for them now. We are stuck...

Comment

Originally posted by Drazil65 View Post
                              To OP: Did your house finally go to sale? Did anyone bid or bank take back? Update please (want to hear of someone getting good news with a foreclosure)...

Here we sit, almost November and no more movement since the no bid in June. Our present servicer, Bayview Servicing (they were the ones that did not bid the property to take back at June auction) is just sitting on it. They keep sending information through the mail "in case we want to short sale", they walk a very thin line with the verbiage in their short sale information letter. They are our third servicer (sold to them by BOA) and even though they have secured the property by changing the locks, winterized the pipes and paid the taxes they are just sitting on it, two years for them now. We are stuck...
                              Hi again! Haven't been on this site for a few months! In answer to your question, the house is scheduled to go to auction again on November 12 th. I pray that it actually makes it through this phase of the foreclosure this time. I just want to feel like it is truly in the past and won't haunt me in the future... That someone else's name is on the deed instead of mine.

I'm sorry to hear that there is no action on your house...I do know how frustrating that feels.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X