No announcement yet.

Couldn't be happier!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, We have to be happy all the time, everytime, we have to find the way to be happy, its not difficult to be happy, we just try and we can.

Comment

Originally posted by Drazil65 View Post
      To OP: Did your house finally go to sale? Did anyone bid or bank take back? Update please (want to hear of someone getting good news with a foreclosure)...

Here we sit, almost November and no more movement since the no bid in June. Our present servicer, Bayview Servicing (they were the ones that did not bid the property to take back at June auction) is just sitting on it. They keep sending information through the mail "in case we want to short sale", they walk a very thin line with the verbiage in their short sale information letter. They are our third servicer (sold to them by BOA) and even though they have secured the property by changing the locks, winterized the pipes and paid the taxes they are just sitting on it, two years for them now. We are stuck...
      The sale happened on November 12th as scheduled! Yeah! The bank bid (more than I thought they would) and expected other bidders to pay in-full with cash on the day of sale so needless to say no one else bid. The whole process took about 2 minutes on the court house door step. I planned to go but then a friend decided to go so I wouldn't have to look at old neighbors who were there and she told me all about it. I am so glad it is over. I can't find a sheriffs website to look it up; just keep getting stupid advertisement sites. Any ideas? Anywhoooo, I am thrilled!
      CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
      Discharged: 7/25/12

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

That monkey is off your back. Keep us posted as to whether there is any residual stuff that you have to deal with as a follow-up.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
          CONGRATULATIONS!!!

That monkey is off your back. Keep us posted as to whether there is any residual stuff that you have to deal with as a follow-up.
          Sure will. I'm hoping that in a few months I get something showing the deed changing hands. Beyond that I don't know what I will or won't possibly see. This whole FC process took a little over 3 1/2 years! I wonder if the November 12 auction date is the official foreclosure date that can start the 3 year ticker before I can buy another house? We are renting from a relative now with intent of buying this house once I legally can do so.

Comment

Congrats!!! So happy it went through and you can close that door! We were notified that our house (our of out state investment home) is back on the auction schedule for 1/31/2014 (first notice stated 1/24/2014 then rec'd second notice a week later that it was moved to 1/31/2014), so once again we wait and pray that someone (at the bank this time) bids.

The home next door to our out of state home just sold at auction and was picked up by an investor (this was in October) and he just sold it for a profit last week (very quick turn around as nice community with good schools). So once we were notified that the new auction was scheduled for January I contacted same investor to let him know. He is very interested in the neighborhood and said he will follow the auction calendar for the house. He plans to be there to bid (or so he says anyway) as he had such good luck with the other house in making a quick profit. So I feel like I have done everything I can do after 2.5 yrs since we stopped paying the mortgage and 2 yrs since filing and surrendering. We will see, maybe third times the charm????? Lets hope so!!!!! Congrats again!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drazil65 View Post
              Congrats!!! So happy it went through and you can close that door! We were notified that our house (our of out state investment home) is back on the auction schedule for 1/31/2014 (first notice stated 1/24/2014 then rec'd second notice a week later that it was moved to 1/31/2014), so once again we wait and pray that someone (at the bank this time) bids.

The home next door to our out of state home just sold at auction and was picked up by an investor (this was in October) and he just sold it for a profit last week (very quick turn around as nice community with good schools). So once we were notified that the new auction was scheduled for January I contacted same investor to let him know. He is very interested in the neighborhood and said he will follow the auction calendar for the house. He plans to be there to bid (or so he says anyway) as he had such good luck with the other house in making a quick profit. So I feel like I have done everything I can do after 2.5 yrs since we stopped paying the mortgage and 2 yrs since filing and surrendering. We will see, maybe third times the charm????? Lets hope so!!!!! Congrats again!!!!!

I sure do hope that your auction goes through too as scheduled...such a waiting game while biting your nails. I also hope that the investor decides to buy the house too; a quicker turnaround with someone making it their home REALLY makes it feel like the fc process has come full circle. BOA got ours back, not ideal, but at least it is done and out of our name. But at least you have a scheduled date and it is hopeful. Let us know after 1/31 if it went through and what the outcome was.

Best of luck!

Comment

Did you maintain insurance on the dwelling while going through FC or did the bank take that over? Oh, and congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by filingin08 View Post
                  Did you maintain insurance on the dwelling while going through FC or did the bank take that over? Oh, and congrats!
                  The bank maintained insurance. They kept sending me letters saying the insurance cost was being added to my escrow. Then the final paragraph added the typical wording that if this debt was not reaffirmed in a bankruptcy that it was only for informational purposes...

Comment

Update 3/20/14

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

So here is my update: the house legal foreclosure date was 11/12/13. The bank put it on the market on Dec 23rd for $249k, a month later lowered it to $224k, another month later lowered it to $189k. Then two weeks ago, put it at $98k and handed it over to a real estate auction company. Prior to that, a family at our church placed a full price offer on it of $189k and was declined because it had to be a cash transaction and they could not guarantee a clear title. Hmmm? Anyway, the house is in the online auction process and that same family got approval to bid on it online. It ends on Monday 3/24/14 and I hope they get it.

What has happened as far as our end goes? I did get a 1099-A from the bank and was not required to do anything as far as taxes go. I never received a 1099-C (cancellation of debt) so I didn't have to worry about filing a form 982 with the IRS.

The couple who are trying to buy the house say that the big air conditioner was stolen, all of the blinds were removed, interior doors were taken, but the plumbing and electricity are still working. The realtor who listed it initially for the bank has tried everything to discourage them from buying it as they believe she has an investor in mind to get it for a steal. The property has set vacant for about 2 years now and needs tlc but still has good bones.

For our future, we are renting to own the house we are living in and are looking at trying to purchase it ourselves from the back to work extenuating circumstances program. My mother who legally owns it now is elderly and we need it in our names before anything happens to her; I would like her to live for the duration of the loan but it's just not realistic.

Keeping our heads up until the online auction is over and our ex-property is out of the lime lights it is now as a publicized foreclosure...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X