Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreclosure sale date

Hello all...it's me again!!

This time I'm concerned with my home and I'm about to just throw in the damn towel. I've grown overly frustrated with this whole ordeal. Apparently they Fe moving forward with the foreclosure on my home. On Monday, I sent $900 to the HOA to buy some time, and today in the mail I received notice that there is a sale date of 3/18 for the house. I haven't filed bankruptcy as yet because I was waiting for my taxes to return which I already filed, but I'm so done with it.

Any suggestions on what could be done? I'm thinking of getting an apartment before I file bankrupt so I won't have any problems as far as qualifying.

Hi, BrokeDavis,

I don't remember the details of your situation, so can't make any suggestions until I have time to look at your other posts, but I bet you'll get your tax refund far enough before 3/18 to file BK and stall the foreclosure.

You'll get more responses if you include a summary of your situation and your game plan instead of relying on people reading your other posts.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thanks LITR for your reply. Basically I originally was going to file a chapter 13, but decided against it since they wanted almost $1200 a month and my income won't allow that. I settled for a chapter 7, knowing I would have to walk away from my home. I know the HOA could foreclose on me and since I had a court date coming with them I contacted them and entered a payment plan to try to push off the foreclosure. I know it was a gamble but the bank hadn't moved forward with the foreclosure process which started in Dec 2012. Basically I sent my payment of $900 to the hoa on Monday, only to receive a final judgment for foreclosure today... The sale date is set for 3/18, I know the chapter 7, has a 30 day automatic stay, but I will still have to move sooner than later.

I'm wanting to go ahead and move before I file bankruptcy because I'm seeing from other posts, it's harder to get approved for an apartment if you're in a bankruptcy that hasn't been discharged. I will be lucky if I have my 314 meeting by the time March rolls around. I should receive my taxes about mid February and will use the funds towards moving and such... At least that's the plan. I wanted to wait it out until they told me to move but that day is probably going to be real soon, so I might as well move while I can still get approved.
      Last edited by BrokeDavis; 01-31-2014, 06:51 PM.

Comment

They can't make you move until after the foreclosure sale. So, you have some time. I agree that you will probably have more options if you move before you file.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

My sale date was January 30 and we're still here!! We got a notice today that the mortgage company is going to go for a writ of assistance (eviction). You have some time.
          Filed Chapter 7: 3-22-08
          341 Meeting: 5-15-08 It went great!!!
          Last day for objections: 7-14-08
          Discharged and Closed: 7-21-08

Comment

Thank you everyone for the information. This whole process has taken my stress levels to new heights. I will be forever grateful when it's over.

Comment

How do you find out if the sale actually went through?

Comment

in florida which is a judicial state it can take years. we have some in our HOA going on 4 years and counting.

you can continue to live there by going to court and asking the judge to have the bank work with you, if you want to keep it or not. most judges not attempt to have the banks work with their clients as well all well know here in florida there are so many empty houses now, although the market is just beginning to pick up. remember to use the law to help you in this case. many states are non-judicial and can do nothing while you can continue to stay in your home if you chose to. best of luck to you!
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X