Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!

Hello Everyone,
    in 2011 my HUSBAND filed chapter 7 BK, I did not. Our mortgage was included BUT, Bank of America allowed us to do a "pay and stay" so we have paid our mortgage payment every month on time.
    I received a letter today stating our mortgage has changed creditor, and that the servicing entity has not changed. I don't quite understand this so here is my question......

Since we were doing a "pay and stay" with BofA .is it possible we may have trouble from the new creditor, or even face a foreclosure from them?

We would like to keep just paying every month, but I fear since the mortgage was released in BK the new company may force a foreclosure, can they do this?
    Please respond I truly appreciate any answers i will receive. I forgot to mention in the letter it states "This letter does not identify or otherwise change the address where you send your mortgage loan payments" which I assume means to keep sending them to Bank of America.

I do plan to file my own Chapter 7 bk in the winter due to many many medical bills, when I file I will be including the house also. We are both almost 70 years old with only a state employee pension. Our hope is that we are not forced into foreclosure proceedings.
    Thank you all so very much for any info you can give us.

No need to worry. Mortgages change hands all the time, having nothing to do with the filing of a bk. Not a big deal. Just keep paying the servicer.

Des.

Comment

thank you so much for your reply............this is kind of scary because we have never faced any type of legal action other than my husbands BK....thank you again

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X