Transferred mortgage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transferred mortgage

Chap 7 discharge 1/14/12, haven't payed mtg in about a year and a half (did not reaffirm). We have heard nothing from chase but yesterday a letter stating the loan has been transferred to Seterus arrived. Has this happened to anyone? Just wondered if this affects the foreclosure timeline at all and is Seterus some sort of aggressive headhunter bank?

They're a loan servicing firm.
    Since you never reaffirmed, they can't do much headhunting.
    Good job staying there rent free for so long. I'd just play the hand out and not leave until they blast you out!

Comment

Thanks, never heard of seterus, just assumed they were ultra aggressive related to foreclosure procedures.

Comment

It happened to us with Bank of America, the new loan servicer stopped/pulled our 1st auction date saying they were trying to work out a modification (not true). We contacted them and they did everything they could to try to get us to fill our modification paperwork (not only were we not interested but not qualified as well). After about a month of me trying to tell them that they needed to start foreclose (deaf ears) we finally turned to the HOA association, stopped paying fees and asked them to start foreclosure (which they did after 90 days of no pay).

We never contacted the new servicer again and kept our finger crossed that they would not stop the 2nd auction date. They did not but the auction came back as a no bid because the bank never showed up to bid to protect the collateral. Third times the charm, we asked the HOA's to start action again, this time I contacted a local investor to put a bug in his ear that the house was up for auction (he had purchased other in the community), this time the bank showed and the investor and ran the price up a little but the investor got it. So moral of the story is, the new loan servicer kind of put a kink in the process and the progress so keep an eye on the whole thing. Be ready to do damage control if they mess the timeline up for you. Good Luck!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X