Bank refusing to report foreclosure as IIB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank refusing to report foreclosure as IIB

So our (former) bank is refusing to correct our credit reports - one of them shows the foreclosure/mortgage as IIB, two of them show that it is a foreclosure. This was updated a few months ago out of the blue...the foreclosure was in 2011.

We got a letter response from them saying that because the mortgage was foreclosed after we filed (not true, we filed the same day as their listed foreclosure date), so therefore they didn't have to list it as IIB. Is that true?

They never protested any part of the bk and we were an asset case and they did get some $$.

We're currently disputing directly with the two credit agencies who show it as a foreclosure and not IIB, but if they don't update it to IIB, do we contact our attorney? What are our next steps?

I had the same problem just a few months ago. I disputed it with copies of my schedule (showing those creditors) and my discharge order. Two of the CRA's were quick to fix but Equifax (they are the worst) would not. I just kept on and after 3 tries they fixed it. Now, not even the mention of the word foreclosure is anywhere in the comments for all 3 CRA's on those creditors.

We filed in 2008 and our FC was in 2011.

As far as next steps I don't know because they fixed it for me but I am sure you should probably speak to your attorney if you can't get it resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by mynameainttracy View Post
      I had the same problem just a few months ago. I disputed it with copies of my schedule (showing those creditors) and my discharge order. Two of the CRA's were quick to fix but Equifax (they are the worst) would not. I just kept on and after 3 tries they fixed it. Now, not even the mention of the word foreclosure is anywhere in the comments for all 3 CRA's on those creditors.

We filed in 2008 and our FC was in 2011.

As far as next steps I don't know because they fixed it for me but I am sure you should probably speak to your attorney if you can't get it resolved.
      Thanks! Luckily Equifax is reporting correctly. We'll see how round one of CRA disputes goes.

Comment

Just be persistent. It takes time but once it was finally fixed it was the difference between me getting pre-approved for a new mortgage and not.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X