Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!) (updated: 04/28/2015)

Welcome to the Bankruptcy Forum. Bankruptcy (BK) Forum is known as BKForum.com and will be referred to as BKF hereinafter. In order to ensure a long term success of our vibrant community, we have established certain rules and guidelines to which everyone must adhere to. Please take your time to carefully read our rules, before you start to participate in the community.

Things you agree to do:
BKFORUM.com (BKF) users agree to use the search function before starting a new thread. This prevents duplicate discussions and allows for better organized topics.

All BKF users agree to read the sticky posts which may be available at the top of a forum page. These Sticky posts often contain valuable information. They may also outline more rules and guidelines specific for that particular forum, stickies are put in place by that forums moderator(s) or admin(s).

Things you agree not to do:

All BKF users agree not to call people names or write a post simply to make a personal attack, or get a negative reaction; this behavior is not allowed on our forum. The use of derogatory language aimed at anyone will be severely dealt with. There is no need to agree with each other, or to even like each other. However, by signing onto BKForum.com you agree to treat each member and guest with the respect they deserve. No threats or personal attacks will be allowed.

All BKF users agree not to discuss, engage, or encourage any behavior or activity which violates the law. Discussion of drugs, violence, murder, theft, vandalism, fraud or any other issue which could be used to help individuals break the law is strictly forbidden.

All BKF users agree not to "bump" old threads, unless there is a specific benefit to the community by doing so. But in most cases, please don't post in very old threads, instead start new threads.

All BKF users agree not to attempt/use another members account. It is against BKF rules to use any account other than your own. Impersonating another member will result in an immediate ban. It is also against the rules to open more than one account in your own name without permission from a moderator or administrator. If you have been banned for any reason, it is against the rules to open another account. If you were banned temporarily and you are caught using another account you will be banned permanently. Choosing a moniker which is similar in either sound or spelling as a moderator or administrator is strictly forbidden.

All BKF users agree not to private message any moderator, admin, or other member with questions related to their personal circumstances (Questions about the forum or issues with the forum are ok). This forum only works when members share their experience and insights with everyone.

Things you agree not to post:
All BKF users agree not to post any derogatory/racist/or sexist remarks. This includes attachments, links and all information contained within posts, signatures, and avatars, failure to comply with this rule will result in a permanent ban.

All BKF users agree not to post any copyrighted or trademarked information without the express written permission of the owner(s) / proper citation of source.

All BKF users agree not to post any real names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, social security numbers, or any other personal details (their own or other people's).

All BKF users agree not to post links, pictures, attachments, videos, or the like of pornographic content, objectionable material or extreme violence, whether cartoon or real.

All BKF users agree not to use BKF for advertising purposes without a written contract between yourself/company/agent and the administration of BKF. Blatant advertising will result in a ban.

All BKF users agree not to spam the forums. Spam includes but is not limited to posting erroneous, non-relevant-useless, off-topic, or meaningless posts. Spam may also include posts which contain no text, or large areas of blank space between lines. Simply posting emoticons without text is considered spam. BKF is the largest bankruptcy message board and all the content is intended to help other users. Please help us improve the quality of our forum by making sure that your posts are well-worded, spell checked, grammatically correct and syntaxed.

Regarding actions of moderators and administrators:

The forum is no place to air out your opinion or be judgmental of our staff and its capabilities.

All BKF users agree not to abuse or mistreat moderators or administrators. It is against BKF rules to post any information regarding bans or any other action taken by a member of the moderating or administrative team. If you wish to discuss bans or warnings please do so via PM. To place a complaint against a moderator, send a PM to a super moderator. All Moderators are equal, any decision made by a moderator must be adhered to. If a moderator tells you something you do not like, do not go to another moderator looking for a different answer. If you are caught doing this you will be banned. The moderators work as a team and respect the decisions made by their peers and will help enforce them unless an administrator tells them differently.
If you have an issue with how the forum is run, then notify one of our administrator and we will look into the situation. We have in the past and still do appreciate any input that you offer this forum. But critical input and/or judgmental postings towards the staff will result in you getting banned.


Should you find a thread offensive or out of line, then notify a Mod in a PM so they can evaluate the situation and do the action deemed necessary.

All moderators do have active "other" lives outside of the forum and help moderate this forum in their spare time throughout the days and weeks.

If you have a problem with a member or Mod follow the proper channels of reporting it.

BKF reserves the right to delete any posts which contain anti-BKF comments or discussion. Any bashing of moderators or administrators, or any of their discussion or actions will also be deleted, and the responsible posting party(s) will be banned. Any public anti-BKF advertising, communication, or posts on another forum will result in permanent bans as well.

All warnings and bans are decided by individual moderators and administrators. Warnings are preferable to bans however, for serious offenses and repeat abusers bans will go into effect. The length of the bans can vary from several hours to permanent.

All messages posted or sent including through PM are the property of BKforum.com.

All BKF users agree not to advertiser on the forum (Niether by posting, private messaging or using your signature). If you are a company/attorney/legal adviser wishing to advertise on the site or sell a product, you must contact the head administrator and inquire about our advertising packages.

All bankruptcy related opinions expressed on BKForum.com are those of their authors and not necessarily of BKF, its staff or representatives.

You agree not to copy any material/post/content from BKF without written permission from our head administrator .

By posting on this forum you agree to these terms and conditions, including any punishment deemed appropriate by moderators or administrators in the event of an offense.

Administrators/Moderators can change these rules at any time without prior notice.
See more
See less

Selling Home While in Foreclosure in Florida

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Selling Home While in Foreclosure in Florida

    Has anyone had the experience or know of any that have sold or is attempting to sell their while the home is in foreclosure. I am not talking about a short sale, but a regular sale. Is there a process? Is there any tips? Should I, if this decision to sell is made, need to notify the bank prior to discussing the sale with an agent? Thanks in advance for all your help.

  • #2
    I don't have any experience with this, but the process should be the same as if there were no foreclosure. The home is yours until the foreclosure sale. You just have to make sure your sale will close and your mortgage will be paid in full, including all fees and penalties, before the foreclosure sale date and the sale contract will have to be contingent on that happening.

    How soon is the foreclosure sale?
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
      I don't have any experience with this, but the process should be the same as if there were no foreclosure. The home is yours until the foreclosure sale. You just have to make sure your sale will close and your mortgage will be paid in full, including all fees and penalties, before the foreclosure sale date and the sale contract will have to be contingent on that happening.

      How soon is the foreclosure sale?
      Thanks for your reply. There is no sale date at this time. I did not know until yesterday that we could sell our home while it is in foreclosure. I know better now. I just want to get an agent on board and get them talking to the bank so no further action is taken. I want to see the bank is paid what they are owed and enough earned through the sale to get us out and into something else.

      Comment


      • #4
        Don't count on the bank not taking action just because you put the home on the market. You may just need to get it sold before they do it first. Isn't Florida a judicial foreclosure state? Have you been served with a complaint yet?

        My first response may not be correct in a judicial foreclosure. My first reaction was to look at it from a Deed of Trust perspective, because that is what I am used to. Once they get the judgment, I doubt you can sell even if the foreclosure sale hasn't taken place. Just filing the complaint might also prevent you from selling. I bet Justbroke will come along and shed more light on this. I just edited the title to include "Florida" to help draw attention of those with knowledge of Florida procedures, including JB.
        Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 03-05-2015, 12:15 PM.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
          Don't count on the bank not taking action just because you put the home on the market. You may just need to get it sold before they do it first. Isn't Florida a judicial foreclosure state? Have you been served with a complaint yet?

          My first response may not be correct in a judicial foreclosure. My first reaction was to look at it from a Deed of Trust perspective, because that is what I am used to. Once they get the judgment, I doubt you can sell even if the foreclosure sale hasn't taken place. Just filing the complaint might also prevent you from selling. I bet Justbroke will come along and shed more light on this. I just edited the title to include "Florida" to help draw attention of those with knowledge of Florida procedures, including JB.
          Florida is a judicial state. Those that I have talked to today say that there are no guarantees that the bank will not continue foreclosure. They have said however, once an agent and title company start looking and talking, the bank is less likely to continue prosecution, but will expect reasonable communication. I truly feel that once an agent is chosen and communication is made, the bank take a wait and see status for a short period. No communication or progress, I believe all bets will be off.

          Comment


          • #6
            I will add, make sure you know the current payoff (including all the arrears, any late fees, bank attorney fees etc.) as an appraisal from a potential buyer will have to cover everything the bank expects in a payoff. If you are at all under water and the new appraisal cannot support everything that is owed, you will end up having to go to the table with a check to pay the balance of all owed. Things can turn very quickly into a short sale situation unless you have plenty of equity already build in.

            The bank will more than likely give you a certain amount of time to make the sale but will be ready to go forward after that with foreclosure. Just make sure you know the numbers, do some research on your own for homes selling in your neighborhood and the true value of your home (all things considered like updates, any other foreclosures in area etc. this all affects the bottom line). You may want to consider getting an appraisal up front just so you have supporting documentation of what the home is worth in todays environment. Good luck.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Drazil65 View Post
              I will add, make sure you know the current payoff (including all the arrears, any late fees, bank attorney fees etc.) as an appraisal from a potential buyer will have to cover everything the bank expects in a payoff. If you are at all under water and the new appraisal cannot support everything that is owed, you will end up having to go to the table with a check to pay the balance of all owed. Things can turn very quickly into a short sale situation unless you have plenty of equity already build in.

              The bank will more than likely give you a certain amount of time to make the sale but will be ready to go forward after that with foreclosure. Just make sure you know the numbers, do some research on your own for homes selling in your neighborhood and the true value of your home (all things considered like updates, any other foreclosures in area etc. this all affects the bottom line). You may want to consider getting an appraisal up front just so you have supporting documentation of what the home is worth in todays environment. Good luck.
              I have, in the works a title company and an attorney working on the payoff amount. The attorney with the title company will be negotiating fees and penalties, etc.. I understand from this attorney this is done on a regular basis for homeowners in my situation. The results are varied, but any fees and penalties that can be negotiated away are a good thing.
              Banks, in my opinion are a necessary evil. They will cooperate with me up to a point. I am sure I am not the only one who has decided to tell them where to stick their modification offer and sell. They will view this with a suspicious eye until they receive a firm closing date. My job is to do just as you stated, look and see what homes values in my area are. I Have done this with the help of two agents and have found my home to be very sellable and worth more than I originally thought.
              Thanks for you reply. I hope to hear more from you.

              Comment

              Unconfigured Ad Widget

              Collapse
              Working...
              X