thinking of doing credit repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question thinking of doing credit repair

Hi guys, I am new to the forum. I had my BK discharged a few years ago. A credit repair company reached out to me that they can take off the BK from my credit profile. I just wanted to see if anyone else has tried doing credit repair and if it actually works. Thanks!

Yes, credit repair services work very well...at making money for the credit repair service providers. Unfortunately, they do not work very well for you, the consumer. The reason is because there is absolutely NOTHING they can do for you which you could not do yourself for free. All they are really going to do is attempt to dispute items on your credit reports, on some technicality, which may or may not be successful. You don't need to pay someone to do this for you.

Comment

When I read your response, I got excited for about .8 seconds. Then I continued to read and got sad news. lol. I can probably do it myself, but how much time and effort does it actually take? Are there certain guidelines to follow? I don't even know where to start with that.

Comment

Time. Only time will take that BK off your credit report. As the years go by, it will mean less and less. BUT, they might dispute the bankruptcy and get it temporarily suspended from reporting...that is until the credit bureaus determine that you really did file bankruptcy...then it is right back again. Plus...you did file bankruptcy...right? So what is inaccurate about that?

No...keep your credit clean. Pay on time, do not abuse the credit you have now...and wait.

Comment

That's what I have been doing. I have never missed a payment in my life actually. I had to file BK because my douchebag business partner did some shady business and then fled the country leaving me with all the debt and law suits. NOT COOL. I guess I will just have to wait. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X