Credit Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Cards

I am looking to file bankruptcy soon, however I am wondering am I penalized for using my credit card to pay utilities? I would speculate it will be within 30 days of filing since I will be filing soon.

You technically should not use credit or incur debt with no intention of paying. I didn't plan on filing but I can tell you that I was using credit just days before filing my case. I was planning not to file and was waiting for a loan to come through (which wasn't real smart on my part). I had exhausted my 401(k) loans (still had money in there, but no more loans available). I think I used a gas station credit card just before filing.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

We can't tell you to use your credit cards if you are planning to file, because that means you have no intention of paying the debt. However, what we can tell you is that if you make non-luxury purchases--such as paying for food, medicine, utilities, etc--the debt will end up being discharged without any problem. Your creditors would not bother to file APs.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X