top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 year BK anniversary approaching - what to expect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 year BK anniversary approaching - what to expect?

Hi all. In June it will be 10 years since my Chapter 7 was filed here in California and I'm expecting my BK to drop off my credit record. I may have this wrong, I haven't been paying attention to this BK for many years and the process.

Does this legal and financial institution restoration process generally happen automatically without having do anything? Or should I be taking some action to make sure it's taken care of, like calling my BK lawyer (if he's still around)? I've changed jobs and moved several times and my contact info has changed since I filed.

btw - I'd like to thank those who helped me here back in 2007 when I had so many questions. I've since been an exemplary credit user and my FICO score is now 768.
    Last edited by 150mph; 04-26-2017, 07:03 PM.

The bankruptcy should fall off your credit reports. There should be nothing to do unless it does not fall off after the 10th year. Should it not, then file a dispute with the credit reporting agencies.

I would be interested to know how much your score jumps. I'm thinking it probably won't be more than 20 points since you're already up near "high achiever" status.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      The bankruptcy should fall off your credit reports. There should be nothing to do unless it does not fall off after the 10th year. Should it not, then file a dispute with the credit reporting agencies.

I would be interested to know how much your score jumps. I'm thinking it probably won't be more than 20 points since you're already up near "high achiever" status.
      Me too! I am 9.5 years away from that point, but I still want to know what I can look forward to

Comment

ok thanks. I'll check in with an update after

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X