Can I Ever Get a Break?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I Ever Get a Break?

Guys, I just found an apartment for my daughter and me. Gorgeous - old style Victorian..mantles, fireplaces, crown molding..all appliances furnished, tons of storage space. I fell in love instantly.

Problem is - the owner wants a credit app. filled out. I have collection agencies calling, CC letters in the mail, cannot file bankruptcy yet due to my divorce - how in the heck could I ever come thru as ok?

Rent on this place is very reasonable for as big as it is and I just love it.

All I can do is turn the app back in to him and I think I'll explain my situation, allowing him to realize that my debt is being erased..all I'll have for expenses is living expenses, food, gasoline, and finish paying my lawyer off.

I got so excited to see this place..I would have taken it right now. I have the money for rent and deposit due to taking out my student loan and could pay ASAP...but now, once he sees my lowly credit score and how much debt I have racked up..I'm screwed.

I'll try anyway...

How do you explain to someone that your husband walked out the door after 17 years, you've had to start your life from scratch, you're financially ruined over your pending divorce...and yet get them to understand you CAN make rent still due to working? I understand no one wants a bad risk, and I guess I could see their point, which I do.

Oh well.....maybe he'll throw me a break.......please pray that he does.

You just explain it to him like you did to us. Since it is an individual, chances are they will be understanding, you are more than a # on a credit report.

Just be up front and honest with him before he pulls your credit.

Good luck.

Comment

Maybe bringing/counting cash cows in front of him would make him trust you more. Green$$ always make my eyes... go blind... :+ j/k

Comment

Our Landlord is a gut instinct type gal. If she likes you when she's showing the Condo/house/apt, you get an app. If not, you don't. Maybe that's how this guy works too.

Fill out the app and explain what's going on in your life when you take it back. Being honest up front really helped us. Hopefully, it will do the same for you!!

Fingers crossed for you, Lady!!
        Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
        Discharged - 12/2006
        Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
        Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Your added to my prayers Hopeful! Just be honest up front and let the Lord do the rest
          AKA: InLimbo

9/28/06: Filed: Chapter 7
          1/12/07: Discharged & CLOSED

Comment

We know how you feel... we also are needing to move... and found a house we want to rent, 3000 sq ft, pool, hot tub garage etc. etc. and the first thing that was asked was for a credit report.

We're going to offer up our credit report... and see if our current landlord will let us use him as a reference to say that we've been paying our rent on time.

Good luck to you!
            Filed Ch. 7 Pro-Se: 10/12/06
            341: 11/6/06 (went AMAZINGLY well!)
            Discharge: 1/12/07
            Closed:1/19/07

Comment

Good luck, Hopeful. You definitely deserve a break!!!

Toomuch
              ~~~ Toomuch ~~~

Filed Chapter 7 - 10/15/08
              341 Meeting - 11/13/08

Comment

Thanks guys! I turned the app back into him with an explanation of my life as of today. I am gonna be very disappointed if it doesn't come thru..it's in his hands now whether or not he chooses me as a good renter, so we'll see.

I'm praying that if it doesn't happen, then it's just not meant to be. So hopefully that means something better will be coming along.

Thanks all!

Comment

Our fingers are crossed big time for you, hopeful! The place sounds wonderful. Be sure to let us know what happens - sending positive thoughts your way!
                  I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                  06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                  07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                  10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                  01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                  09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                  06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                  08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                  Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Good luck! Fingers crossed here for you!

Comment

good luck, I hope you get it!!
                      Filed Ch. 7 - 11/30/06; 341 meeting 1/10/07; Discharged 3/19/07
                      TU: 535

Comment

same here, hopeful, good luck. i'm pretty much surviving on student loans too

Comment

Good luck Hopeful. Did you get a feel either way about their feelings on the matter? When did they say they would get back to you? *fingers crossed for you*
                          Filed: 08/09/06
                          341: 09/18/06
                          Discharged: 11/22/06
                          Closed 11/30/06

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X