top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After October, will Ch7 be hard even if income is below state median?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After October, will Ch7 be hard even if income is below state median?

My state's median income is $50,000 - I make leass than $20,000 and even if I make more by October it will not be anywhere near to state median. With the new change I was under the impression that if this is the case you should still be able to go thru the process quickly. Does any one know? I have read some of the new law updates but it is a bit confusing

thx

Chapter 7 will still be a relatively simple process under the new law. The major changes that affect the debtor will be the requirement that the debtor attend credit counseling/class before filing BK.

Comment

That's good to know since I am have been scared to death about our Chap 7 not going through and having to convert to a 13. The wheels of justice dont move that quickly and October is but 5 months away. By the way does the BK trustee actually recommend or not whether a case should be a Chapter 7 or 13? And if he or she does or does not does the US Trustee tend to agree most of the time? I guess the case that was posted here whether the trustee recommended the conversion has unnerved me. He said his paperwork was flagged at the 341 but he felt the trustee was making an example of him. I am bracing myself just in case. Can I possibly relax at all if we make it past the 30 days?

Comment

Originally posted by HHM
        Chapter 7 will still be a relatively simple process under the new law. The major changes that affect the debtor will be the requirement that the debtor attend credit counseling/class before filing BK.
        will that be for everyone - regardless of situation?

thx

Comment

There are some exceptions to the Credit Counseling requirment, but yes, it applies to everyone. Some of the exceptions relate to emergencies.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X