30 extension for summons answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 extension for summons answer

yes, will courts give a 30 days extension to answer a summons? the reason is i have a bk consulatation the same day the summons is to be answered?

is it possible to reschedule the consult???
    You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

Originally posted by glc4122 View Post
      yes, will courts give a 30 days extension to answer a summons? the reason is i have a bk consulatation the same day the summons is to be answered?
      Probably not, without a good reason.

Comment

What is summons for? a Car, cc or ? If that's the case, and if you know for a fact that you are going to file chap7, I'd wouldn't bother going. If you're being sued, you can put that on the bk. Take your summons to the lawyer and they'll put it in.
        Good luck.
        Get copy of Bankruptcy Records

Comment

You don't want to risk a default judgment however; every court is different. I'm being sued by Chase, was served last Oct. I had until end of Nov to answer the summons;(court date for case management status set for 3/24/08) I couldn't afford the $300 filing fee, so requested a fee waiver when I did file my answer. The waiver was not granted by the court, so my answer was struck...this was in January.
          Nothing happened although what I didn't know was the plaintiff could have, and should have, requested a default judgment.
          I showed up for the hearing, the judge went over the summons answer being stricken, etc. I asked for a 2 week continuance to come up with the fees and file another answer (although I knew I'd be filing bk by then) and was actually granted 30 days.
          Anyway, "ya never know"!
          Good luck
          04/04/08 filed Ch. 13
          5/08/08 341 hearing
          6/12/08 Confirmed

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X