Income/authorized user issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Income/authorized user issue

My wife and I would like for my stepdaughter, husband and the kids to come and visit us for Thanksgiving. They are however filing bankruptcy, so if we send them a check for the total airfares, and they deposit that check in their bank account, a deposit like that would obviously be considered "income" when they have to produce bank statements.
    Stepdaughter and her husband's credit cards are maxed out - which is why they're filing.
    Can we make them authorized users of one of our credit cards, have the cards sent to them (Atlanta) so they can than use them for the airfares?

Might be safer if you bought the tickets for them and mailed the tickets to them .
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Same as above, You can buy them online and your step daughter can print them off her computer or you can receive a ticket confirmation number and she just takes that number with her to the airline with her ID.

Comment

You could also purchase the tickets at an airline ticket county, city ticket office (only in BIG cities), or at a travel agency.

When you buy them on-line with a credit card, through an airline site, they don't know who charged it. When your family walkd up to the counter to get their tickets, the airline may ask for the card used. No card, no ticket. (Note: Many of the discount airlines don't care. They'll allow you to purchase tickets on-line for someone else.)

By the way, it is near impossible to actually get a printed ticket these days. If you can, and that's a BIG if... they will charge you at least $25 per ticket to do so!

So, it's best for you to purchase the tickets at the airport, airline ticket counter in the City, or at a travel agency. A travel Agency is going to charge you like $25 to do all the ticketing, but it may be woth it.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

just buy the tickets and email the confirmation number to your stepdaughter. They can print the tickets at home or simply show up to the checkin with an ID. As along as name matches on the passenger itenerary they will print the Eticket.
          Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

My parents bought airline tickets for me a number of times back when I was in college. So yes, I agree with the above.
            Filed Ch. 7 (no asset): 12/30/2008
            341 Meeting: 01/26/2009
            Last Date for Objections: 03/27/2009
            Discharged & Closed: 03/30/2009

Comment

Magyar...folks at our work charge tickets all the time for family members via our travel agency and the tickets are in their family members' names and they get charged for the bill. The Travel agency will provide the traveler with a code to print out the boarding pass 24 hours prior to travel and the boarding pass will be in the traveler's name. Simple.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X