top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you wish you would have done with Credit?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you wish you would have done with Credit?

I wish I would have had liposuction and went to Fiji!

I didn't do enough fun stuff and now I have all this cc debt!
    "Don't let your wants overload your a**"
    (author unknown)

Ummmm, not used it at all?
    BKForum Blog: The Journey

sigpic

Comment

I think this type of thread will catch heat from the Mod's because 1st and foremost running up credit to have fun gets people in trouble........

Now with that said...with all the HUGE credit lines I wound up using for busin ess I wish I would have bought a Ferrari, not registered it and put it in storage until a year or so from now.....ahh that new car smell!!
      "I'm old enough to know better, but too young to care"
      Filed Chapter 7 January 25th 2010
      341 Hearing March 4th 2010
      Discharged May 10th 2010

Comment

Well I am certainly not advocating running up credit cards or using them for fun. I am just trying to have some fun thinking about what I wish I could have done amid all the depressing stories and such!
        "Don't let your wants overload your a**"
        (author unknown)

Comment

You know, I never even gave that a thought.
          In hindsight, I guess I would have had a boob job and liposuction!!!!!!!!!!

A girl can fantasize, right??????
          You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

I most certainly would have had some surgeries! Put things back where they belong . But honestly, we used our credit for what we had intended it for, an adoption. Had we known then the position we would be in today, I wouldn't have this sweet sweet daughter. But, hindsight is 2020 and is nothing we can do about it now.

If anything, we wouldn't have used our cc's to pay the monstrous amounts of med bills we had accumulated. That was just stupid of us.

Comment

Stay out of the Stock Market thats for sure

Comment

Using credit card

Hi i am a newbie ,just joined today.

I know that one cannot and should not use credit cards before filing bankruptcy. I am contemplating filing for Chapter 7 in conjunction with my foreclosure.(Will post other questions under a different thread)

Question: How long BEFORE should I stop using my credit cards? How many months? Before starting the process with an attorney or what constitutes the time frame? I need to book a plane ticket to go and visit a sick relative and pay utilities on line.

Thanks for your input.

Comment

I would have taken my dream trip to Austrailia and New Zealand and also paid off all my student loans.
                  Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
                  341 July 1, 2008
                  Discharged September 4, 2008
                  Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

Comment

Originally posted by danaf View Post
                    I would have taken my dream trip to Austrailia and New Zealand and also paid off all my student loans.
                    Oh Man!!! Paying off student loans would have been a good one!
                    BKForum Blog: The Journey

sigpic

Comment

I would have had enough to pay off my mortgage with all the credit cards.

I had great credit and used it to finance everything. I got offers of 0% for life, 2.99 for life etc. I transferred my student loans to one, my 2 cars onto others. I also tried to start 2 businesses and invested. I always figured if I can borrow at x% and make y% I will come out ahead. I borrowed for life to put more in the 401k, Roth IRAs. I charged vacations i should have paid for, because, why use my money when I can use their. Get this, I worked for a bank.

In the end, I lost the 6 figure job and was injured in a car accident.

Stopped paying, got sued, file ch 7. Initially the trustee objected to my exemption of a lawsuit, but dropped it and no creditors objected. Because I ammended my schedules for the lawsuit, my case will not close until 30 days go by for new objections to exemptions, but the trustee already changed my case to no asset and I recieved a discharge.

I think I did enough with credit that i never thought would go bad, but if they would have given me a large enoguh credit line on the 0% offer, I would have paid the house off during the days i was borrowing for everything else. I tried once, they sent an offer for 0 for life and asked how much, I put my mortgage balance in the blank and sent it in, they gave me 20,000 instead of 120k.

You never see the job loss coming!

I never saw the car coming that rearended me!

We would have all done it differently if we had foresight.

Comment

This is a bad premise for a thread in a BK forum, Sorry. It perpetuates the wrong mind-set toward money and credit.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X