Cost of Pacer? Do I need it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
    The copies the attorney got/sent for/to us did not come from PACER but from another source that was directly related to the BK court for our district and/or trustee. Do BK attorneys with active cases access another source with the BK Court/Trustee to obtain their information and not have to utilize PACER?
    Attorney's get a "free" look at anything that has been filed in the case when the document is emailed to them. But that link (at least last time I checked) would only work once or twice. Then the attorney is charged. Anytime the attorney actually logs onto PACER, they are charged the same .08. All BK attorney's/trustees etc are REQUIRED to use PACER/ECF (Electronic Case Filing).
    Last edited by HHM; 02-16-2009, 05:01 PM.

Comment

The paralegal on my case calls with any news posted to the case and follows up each call with the hard copy.

There is a toll free number at the bottom of the paperwork to check on your case. I have been using that number. It is the Voice Case Info System. (VCIS)

Anyone else using that number?

Comment

Originally posted by fltoo View Post
        The paralegal on my case calls with any news posted to the case and follows up each call with the hard copy.

There is a toll free number at the bottom of the paperwork to check on your case. I have been using that number. It is the Voice Case Info System. (VCIS)

Anyone else using that number?

**Bump** I'd like to know about this system anyone??
        Thank you all so much for all the information I have received on this forum.
        Chapter 7 filed 04/02/2009
        341 Meeting 05/19/2009
        60 day club awaiting discharge

Comment

How does pacer charge the card? Is it after every transaction or do you have to reach a certain amount before they make the charge to the card? I haven't seen any charges to my debit card yet...it's been about a month and a half since I started using Pacer.

Comment

I think it is quarterly.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ekorB View Post
                Thanks!
                PACER looks at the total owed each quarter. If it's under $10, the charges are carried over to the next quarter. If it's over $10, then depending on the payment method you selected, your credit card is charged or a paper bill is sent.

See the PACER FAQs at http://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov/faq.html for this answer and the answers to many other frequently asked questions about PACER.
                I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I decided to skip Pacer, the court has to mail to you anything they might need, so I didn't see any real point of using it. I wasn't that obsessed with having to check my filing every day.

I did call the voice system once to check on my status before the 341, and will probably call that again sometime in the next month or two now that my 341 is done.

Comment

So...in over all you don't need pacer. Your Lawyer should supply you with all info, correct. He should let you know if anything will go wrong, right?
                    filed June 12,09
                    341 July 20,09
                    deadline to object Sept 18,09

Comment

Originally posted by denisejohn65 View Post
                      So...in over all you don't need pacer. Your Lawyer should supply you with all info, correct. He should let you know if anything will go wrong, right?
                      Correct.

Comment

how do you guys pay for it when we have no credit cards?

Comment

Originally posted by gowiththeflo View Post
                          how do you guys pay for it when we have no credit cards?
                          Think "debit" cards. Also, the PACER Service Center is capable of mailing out a paper bill. You can pay that with check/money order.

I'm glad I'm not addicted to PACER. My first $170+ bill cured me! My last quarter was only $13!
                          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I am addicted to this site! It is so helpful, and interesting. I think if I ever let myself go on Pacer it would be the same thing! So I am not doing Pacer.

I have received a few things in the mail from the Bankruptcy Court, the last being a letter with an Order determining the debtor's compliance with filing requirements of 521 (a) (1). SO, am counting on getting something in the mail if any creditor files an AP or the UST objects to anything. It would be nice to see it on Pacer when it happens, but I will eventually know and just have to deal wit it then!

50 days to go!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for sharing this useful information. It's great.
                              plan solution commission de surendettement - commission de surendettement, vous pouvez demander un dossier de surendettement.plan solution commission de surendettement

Comment

One thing I wanted to throw out there is that your local BK courthouse\library may have Pacer terminals that the public can use free of charge (our local courthouse offered this, it was very helpful).
                                Filed Ch 7 - 07/10/08
                                341 Meeting - 08/13/08
                                DISCHARGED! - 10/15/08
                                CLOSED - 10/20/08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X