Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is the Day

Good luck to all who are filing today!
    Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

DITTO HERE!!!

Minny
    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Wishing everyone good luck who is filing today!
      09/20/2005 Purchased Form7 software and started listing debts
      09/27/2005 About 80% done with the paperwork. Goal is to file next week on 10/03/05
      10/03/2005 Filed chapter 7 bankruptcy with the western district in washington state!
      10/10/2005 Received notification in the mail that my 341 is scheduled for 11/09/2005 with instructions to bring SS Card and ID
      11/09/2005 Successful 341! Trustee proclaims NO ASSET DISTRIBUTION!!! OH YEAH!

Comment

Yep, luck to everyone!!

I sure felt better after sending my stuff for filing on Wednesday. Of course, a couple of days have passed and I am starting to second-guess myself. I have to keep telling myself that I did the best I could with the filing and I will pay the piper, so to speak. And such is da life.

Comment

Originally posted by craigerzz
          Wishing everyone good luck who is filing today!

Wishing everyone MORE good luck who is filing AFTER today!

Comment

For those that are using an attorney and the attorney is e-filing, I know that in my district at least, they will be accepting filings up to 11:59pm on Oct 16, 2005 at which time they will shut the system down to upgrade the software.

Comment

Good luck. My attorney filed electroncally last night. Onw giant weight off my shoulders, several small weights and worries yet to come. Art

Comment

After reading this forum religiously for the past 6 months, I've learned so much and decided to file today. Even today I tried to think of options other than filing, but realized my situation won't be helped otherwise. I had my paperwork finished for a while but procrastinated trying to think of other options.

Last night I stayed up late checking and re-checking my forms (form7!) and even though everything looked great I was still uncertain if I did everything correctly. I intended to go in @ 9am when the court opens, but slept in until 10am because I was so anxious I couldn't sleep! One last check of these forums for reassurance and I found a post about the mailing matrix diskette and the hole punching of the forms. I realized I didn't have my forms punched and that my matrix was in PDF format instead of .txt format. A quick stop to kinkos fixed that and I went to the courthouse, increasing nervousness (argh, I can't imagine how it's going to be like for the 341 meeting! ha)

Parking was suspiciously easy(and free, no meters) and the clerks office was tiny and not crowded at all. I anticipated a long long line and wait so I brought a book to read and a bottle of water. There were only maybe 5 people in front of me in line. They had 3 clerks working and were really really friendly and helpful (I anticipated some rudeness and impatience). Alot of people who were filing were so unprepared! Only one person had their diskette other than myself and many people were missing so many documents or had handwritten them and were told to return with them filled out by type. The clerks office had available 3 computers with scanners and diskettes for people who didn't have thiers with them, I thought that was rather generous. I saw many of the people ahead of me that were really disorganized and asking alot of questions to the clerks, who were really friendly but declined to give legal advice. They were given 341 meeting dates late Nov, early Dec so I was kind of discouraged because waiting is one of the worst parts of the whole process. Also, it seemed to take quite some time for the clerks to review each packet. When it was my turn I handed over everything and the clerk flipped through the forms and commented that it was really well done and that she appreciated that it was complete and so professionally formatted. Stamp stamp stamp. It didn't take her long at all to check off all my forms and she thanked me for having a perfect mailing matrix. My 341 meeting is scheduled for Nov 14, one month from now. She gave me a sheet with everything I need to have to my Trustee before the meeting and I already have most of it! phew!

Now I wonder if I can find any info regarding my Trustee and his general attitude towards filers?

Thank you all for the information and support. It's really such an embarrassing and difficult personal journey and I wouldn't have known how to even begin without all of you.

Comment

Glad it went well for you Newday!! My trustee asked where I got my forms from-my best guess is that he was impressed. I just looked back over mine, and there isn't a 'form7.com' mark on them anywhere-I figured there would be. I also noticed that I marked the $0-50,000 box on the petition for total debts. I didn't count the vehicles in that total, so its actually almost $75,000. Oh well-guess its a hiccup in their statistics...
                  Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X