Just so confused - what now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just so confused - what now?

If you have read my background, you know that I'm either destitute or wealthy beyond my wildest dreams--who knows??

So I'm now engaged in some forensics to find out where my money goes AND why it has not gone to:

deferred maintenance on my 47 yr old home
    deferred maintenance on my 38 yr old bod
    deferred maintenance on 2 dogs (guilt, guilt,guilt! They haven't been to the vet in 3 yrs!!)
    replacement of my 15 yr old car
    college savings for my 16 yr old child!

Soooo...being that I have no furs or jewels to identify as the cause--where the #$@#$ is this moeny?!?

Last night, I realized that my $7600 visa truly is the kicker--w/out that debt, it would be a totally different picture. And I cut that thing up more than 2 years ago!!! So I took all my statements and put them into a spreadsheet to see why my balance has not altered.

Because my checking was at the same bank, they were so kind as to advance cash on the card if it appeared I was going to be overdrawn. So I wanted to know why my checking was being overdrawn so much when it hit me--this didn't start happening until they raised the min payment from 2% to 3%...basically running short to pay the higher visa payment (by $25 - 150/mo hard to tell from visa as they advanced in increments of $25, based on available, not actual, checking balance)

What a perfect system: I pay $250...run short later...auto advance (with $10 fee) kicks in up to my lowered limit...over limit fee assessed. Shazam! 2 years later, my balance is actually $300 higher and I've charged nothing and killed myself (literally) to make the payment on time! So I've moved my checking, 2 years too late.

Bottom line, from the statements I have collected, I have charged about $10k in goods and services and paid $11k in payments (I always pay more than min--not looking so smart now!!)

So...still not sure if I'll end up in bk court or on the news for blowing up this bank, but there is a hazy picture beginning to emerge.

Oh yah, looking at the types of thing that were charged--mostly what I guess I would call "luxury living expenses" --gas, restaurants, some medical, gifts--no true splurges, but I know very well that, had I paid cash, I would not have bought as much.

But then, that was 3 years ago--now I'm paying the same piper w/out so much as a burger and fries to show for it!!

What do I do now? I don't know where all this is headed, but I do know I'd rather die than pay that bill in full--it's $575 to bring it current anyway--do I just stop paying and take the dogs to the vet? Do I pay them $25/mo to try to keep them from suing me?

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X