Another example of why you need to change banks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another example of why you need to change banks

I was wondering if they will let me close a bank account that has a overdraft line of credit attached. I have switched my direct deposit to another bank and they took my payment last week for the overdraft out of the overdraft if that makes sense. So now I am almost maxed out on the overdraft account. I havent put any money in there this month and dont plan to. Just wondering if I should try and close it or would it be futile??
    Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
    Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
    Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

klandsb... They may not let you close the account but they can't force you to keep any money in it. Draw the account down to 0 and if/when you file make sure both the checking account number and overdraft account number are included on your petition.
      Filed Chapter 7 7/24/2009
      UST Has Questions :unsure: 08/11/2009
      341 Completed !!! 9/1/2009 :clapping:
      DISCHARGED 11/10/2009 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

destitute is exactly right. I did the same thing with a credit union I had an account with. They said they couldn't let me close the account so I withdrew everything except the minimum to keep it open and never looked back. I made sure to list them on my petition and haven't heard a word from them since.
        Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
        341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
        Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Comment

Thanks you guys/girls ... I grew up in a very small town and have known most of the people at the bank my entire life. I really just dont want to go back in there honestly. SO I will leave it open with $ 0 in it and make sure its on my list of creditors...
          Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
          Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
          Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X