Is there a way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way

to find out how many BK cases an attorney has filed? I'd like to see just how much experience an attorney has before engaging one.

Thanks.

You can search on PACER under attorney name. But it only goes back so far. Or you could just ask him.

But as an aside, I'm not sure how good of an indicator a raw number like that would be of whether the lawyer would do a good job for you. Get on PACER and find out who his past 10 clients were, look them up and give them a call and ask about him.
    Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Such a search on PACER is expensive, each case hit costs 0.8 cents. I agree with the above, the sheer volume of case is not an indicator. I suppose if you went online and found out they only filed 10, that is one thing, but once you get over 50-100 cases, the number becomes meaningless.

Comment

You can go to [removed URL], it's an excellent site to select a good lawyer, you can't go wrong!

You can search in your state by practice area.
        Last edited by HHM; 10-31-2009, 04:09 PM.

Comment

We have a couple of local attorneys that have churned thousands of them out that I would never use. While you do want a good attorney that does bk, you need to find one that does them for a living without running a bk mill.
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Ultimately, you need to hit the ground and go talk to some.

Here is a blog post that talks about what to ask.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X