" Flag on Account" Credit union

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

" Flag on Account" Credit union

My credit union put a flag on my account for a deliquent credit card today.
    I gave them the heads up 3 months ago that I may be filing Chapt 13.
    I owe them 10K on a credit card and they just flagged my account for $1K.

I have signed the paperwork and we are filing the 22nd. Will I get this flagged amount back? Can they do this legally? Yes I have strung them along but this has really upset me. Please give me your input

I am not 100% sure, but I believe your 1K is toast because it was attached prior to your filing. I would love to be wrong on this.

You might want to open a new account some place where you do not owe funds to, just to be safe going forward.

I wish you the best.
    8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
    11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

amazing that people have been considering BK for quite some time.........have been on these boards ........and are still stupid enough to keep their money in a bank where they also have an unsecured debt.......sorry, i dont mean to be mean.........but you deserve this......you should have known better
      Filed 7/14/11....341 date is 8/23/11

Comment

harsh but very true statement. I should have known better. I just signed the direct deposit forms to start splitting my paycheck. I think I will send my credit union the min now required to cover my car payments after today

Comment

it is harsh......i am sorry to be rude.......had a few glasses of wine.......but there are posts on here every single day about why not to keep money in a bank or cu where you also owe an unsecured debt........it is so prevalent that we went and moved all of our money away from our cu now even though we do not plan on filing until march........they dont know, but we do
          Filed 7/14/11....341 date is 8/23/11

Comment

I myself, learned the hard way as well. Unfortunately, I didn't find this board until several days before filing, and I really didn't read much.

We live, we learn. C'est la vie.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X