341 Today.....NOT A BIG DEAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Today.....NOT A BIG DEAL

For those of you with your 341 meetings coming up who are worried about it, don't be! I had mine today and it was so uneventful I can't even tell you. Trustee very friendly, relaxed environment, was asked a few questions, was told "good luck" by the Trustee, she smiled and said "goodbye".

For those of you deciding on whether BK is right for your and how you're going to pay your bills, etc, etc, etc, .....that is by far the most gut wrenching part of the whole process (deciding whether or not to file). After you have resigned yourself to the fact that there is no other choice, go for it and never look back. Walking out of the courthouse today was such a relief.....a relief that I haven't felt in a long, long time. I'm going to sleep good tonight!

Congratulations! Your post gives me hope.
    11/09 - Ran out of money - 1/4/10 - Filed Chapter 7 (Pro-Se) - 2/16/10 - 341 Meeting -6/17/10 - Reaffirmation hearing (auto) - DISCHARGED 7/6/10m CLOSED 7/26/10

Comment

Congrats.
      North Carolina

Comment

congrats, tkharvey.

What state are you in?

And was your 341 "private" or were there other waiting debtors in the room who could hear and observe your meeting with the trustee?

Comment

I'm in Florida, Middle District. Yes, there were other debtors in the room, perhaps ten or so of us, and when they called our name, we went to the front of the room where Trustee was sitting at a conference table. We were sworn in and sat down. Although, yes, we were speaking in front of everyone, there was no microphone or anything. I'm sure people could hear if they were listening hard enough, but many were reading the paper, looking at magazine, etc. It was not at all what I was expecting. Very informal and casual. Nothing to worry about AT ALL.

Comment

Congrats! I hope you had a wonderful rest last night (and many more)! Happy 60 days!
            *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

Congrats, what a relief! Just out of curiosity, were you above or below median?

Comment

Below Median.....just barely, though.

Comment

Congrats! mine's on the 30th @ 3:00

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X