BOA gave me all the money back!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOA gave me all the money back!!

BOA took $1600 out of my checking account after we had called and told them we were do a bankruptcy and to stop all payments. I told us they would not a problem. The the rotten scum bags took the money out of our account. They gave it back!! I called them everyday for a week and they kept saying the were in the process of returning it. My attorney and a few people said they would not return it. Yesterday I called them crying, I said I just need to know if they really were going to give it back. I was so upset because it was all the money I had. They put it back in my checking accout last night. Thank God!!

Wow. They actually did it. I'm happy that you have this resolved.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congratulations...keep an eye out that they don't take the funds again. Do you have something in writing from them canceling the auto draft from your account? If I remember correctly this was as a result of the cancelation of an autodraft that BOA did not adhere to, right? Hopefully you won't have further issues with them.
      Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
      Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

I'd hurry up and get your money out of that account (and any other accounts you may have with them).

Comment

Wow! You are lucky! Good for you!
          Attorney Retained/Paid: 1-4-10
          Online CCC-Completed & Cert Received: 1-8-10
          Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.
          341 3-10-10 ~~~ Last Day to Object: 5-10-10

Comment

Good. Now run, and I mean run, to the nearest CU where you have no financial interest (credit cards, mortgage, loans, etc.) and open an account there. I wouldn't trust BoA, ever. They've screwed me a couple of times, and I'm still dealing with them. Apparently we have no mortgage with them (despite us having received statements from them every month to the contrary). Ever since they took over Countrywide, it's been one clustermess after another. I'm eagerly awaiting my 2nd year of post bankruptcy so we can refi and get away from them.
            sigpic
            Filed - 11/19/08;341 - 12/22/08
            Discharged - 2/23/09 ;Closed - 3/6/09
            Got my first post BK credit line - car loan - 4/9/09 On my way to recovery.

Comment

We had US Bank do that for an overdraft account linked with our checking. Total balance owed was $500 and they took it all out AFTER we filed bankruptcy.

I simply called my attorney, who called US Bank, who promptly refunded it right back to us.

The only problem we have encounted is that US Bank refuses to close our old account out because we still "owe" them money via our overdraft. In fact, I just looked under US Bank and this is what it still shows:

Account Ending In Account Type Current
              Balance Available
              Credit

Checking Account Advance
              Create Nickname Checking Account Advance $550.00 $0.00
              Filed Chapter 7: 3-22-08
              341 Meeting: 5-15-08 It went great!!!
              Last day for objections: 7-14-08
              Discharged and Closed: 7-21-08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse