Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

City Marshall getting ready to raid my place

just got a letter of Marshall Order's of Execution

exempt items being one tv, one fridge, clothing, etc.

so anyone actually experience this 'raid' before? will they tear ur place apart?

thanks!

Pretty mucho!

Comment

Originally posted by Scream2Death View Post
      just got a letter of Marshall Order's of Execution

exempt items being one tv, one fridge, clothing, etc.

so anyone actually experience this 'raid' before? will they tear ur place apart?

thanks!
      Haven't seen you around much but cannot forget your Avatar.

Have you filed? If not, can you like RIGHT NOW, tomorrow?

Who has a levy against you to get this writ? How much? More info, but really your best protection is to file.

I am so sorry not to be able to help you further. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Wow! I didn't know they could raid your house! Yikes!

Comment

There was a huge thread on this topic a couple of months ago. Here is the link.

You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

It's not a raid. It's basically an order from a Judgment. In order to satisfy the creditor (creditors), non-exempt property can be taken and sold. No different than going through Chapter 7. Only, many things are exempt in Chapter 7.

The poster needs legal counsel or something else to stop the execution of the writ. So, is this your local authorities of the actual US Marshall Service? When are they coming?
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

In NYC the Marshall's have a lot of power and will send a writ of execution to try to get you to call their office and make payment arrangements. They do not want your used home furnishings. Please take a look at the thread link I posted in this thread. That thread has a lot of info on how the marshalls work in nyc.
              You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Ah, New York City's Marshalls. I was thinking it was USMS.
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I can only imagine the hundreds of thousands of families that are now homeless and on the streets with their children especially in this horrible cold because our wise elected leaders surmise that eviction and taking junk out of ones home is what is best for the creditors and makes them whole again.

Comment

Originally posted by dakota112 View Post
                    I can only imagine the hundreds of thousands of families that are now homeless and on the streets with their children especially in this horrible cold because our wise elected leaders surmise that eviction and taking junk out of ones home is what is best for the creditors and makes them whole again.
                    While I can empathize,you must have some sort of balance. The law does allow one to keep necessary items. They don't take everything. I think, in the end, people do need to be responsible for their debts and for repaying their debts. If there's no recourse, then why would anyone ever lend money or other property?

This specific thread was about an Writ to satisfy a judgment lien. It was not to evict anyone. Even if it were, I will always defer back to people being responsible. One can't live with impunity and ever be expected to honor their part of the "deal".

To that end, I'm perfectly fine given that the exemptions are in place which include clothing, household goods, one television, one computer, one radio, one "VCR" (or equivalent) etc. Perhaps most can't remember the day when you only had one television, one stereo, and one "VCR" in the house. Perhaps the law is lagging in that area, but since when did owning more than one television provide shelter or food for a family?

If they came tomorrow for my junk... I'd just let them have it. Especially if I didn't pay for it... only borrowed in order to have it.

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
                      In NYC the Marshall's have a lot of power and will send a writ of execution to try to get you to call their office and make payment arrangements. They do not want your used home furnishings. Please take a look at the thread link I posted in this thread. That thread has a lot of info on how the marshalls work in nyc.
                      They're not sending the SWAT team to kick in your door or coming in with guns drawn. As backtoschool states, they do not want your stuff. They want for you to make payment arrangements.

Don't get me wrong, they will take your stuff, but you can avoid that.
                      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                        Haven't seen you around much but cannot forget your Avatar.

Have you filed? If not, can you like RIGHT NOW, tomorrow?

Who has a levy against you to get this writ? How much? More info, but really your best protection is to file.

I am so sorry not to be able to help you further. 'Hub
                        thanks for recongizing my avatar, heh, it's a symbolic meaning of wat's going on in my life. It's Washington Mutual, about 10k owned to them.

And your right, i'm been stalling, but i'll get it done in a month or so. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
                          thanks for the link!

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                            Ah, New York City's Marshalls. I was thinking it was USMS.
                            No, silllllllly lol. i think us marshalls have better things to do like...

Comment

Originally posted by Scream2Death View Post
                              No, silllllllly lol. i think us marshalls have better things to do like...
                              Protect airline passengers? I figure, they weren't doing a good job at that so...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X