Financial Hardship Approved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Financial Hardship Approved

After 5 months of waiting, I got approval for hardship assistance from my credit union. It's such great news for us and perfect timing. At this point, we were preparing to just file at the end of the month not knowing how our mortgage and other things were going to work out.

Well, they are offering to lower our interest rate on our mortgage down to 3.875% for the next 39 months (saves us $500/mo) and also are going to extend my auto loan to 6 more years (which saves us $260/mo). They are even offering to lower our monthly minimum on our Visa down to just 1.5% but with the Ch7 that is hopefully going to be wiped out.

My only question would be I wonder how this will be post-BK considering I will have a discharge with them. Right now there are no stipulations but who knows...

I guess it's just great that this is set now prior to filing so we won't have to worry about it afterwards and I can feel better about reaffirming these two items with them (the only two things I plan on taking past BK).

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X