Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"awaiting discharge" @ 62 days wtf?

Pacer says:

Awaiting Discharge 05/13/2010 62 days Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution

When is it gonna say discharged? I thought it would be after 61 days? I live in sacramento, ca

Originally posted by jmanford View Post
    Pacer says:

Awaiting Discharge 05/13/2010 62 days Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution

When is it gonna say discharged? I thought it would be after 61 days? I live in sacramento, ca
    From what I have read in other threads related to the California filings, courts in CA have been backed up that discharges will be issued later than normal 60 days time frame. Give it a couple more weeks and check with your attorney (If you hired one) for any concerns regarding your discharge. Just to clarify, 05/13/2010 was the date of the Trustee's RND?
    Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
    Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

our 341 meeting was on 5/13/2010

Comment

My discharge was 64 or 65 days after my 341. The 60 day timeframe is not an absolute.

Comment

Trustee is probably out fishing or on vacation or behind or just maybe:

Hasn't got around to it yet.

Patience grasshopper........
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by ohiojewel View Post
            My discharge was 64 or 65 days after my 341. The 60 day timeframe is not an absolute.
            thanks for the input

Comment

Our discharge was 5 months after 341. I hounded my attny, who finally called the TT...the exact words were "huh. Somehow they fell through the cracks, they are discharged right now."

That was in KC MO.

Comment

It’s crazy out there right now. Our 341 meeting is SIX WEEKS from our filing date and I don’t even want to think how long it will take them to discharge us.

Isn’t there some law out there about the 30-60 day milestones?

Comment

My 60 days was July 6, still waiting. My attorney says there is no set schedule, it could be any time. I have heard 60-90 days. Someone on here suggested going on PACER and checking out other cases in your court. I figured out that the cases assigned to the same judge as me that filed a week before me and had their last day for objections one week before me just got their discharges on Tuesday. So I am hoping for next Tuesday....That will be exactly 60 days and 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by angles View Post
                    Isn’t there some law out there about the 30-60 day milestones?
                    Actually, there isn't a law. While the law (bankruptcy code) requires creditors to file a dischargeability complaint within the 60 days following the first scheduled 341 meeting, it only indicates that the discharge should be issued forthwith in the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure (Rule 4004).

Generally though, there's nothing a creditor or the Trustee/UST can do after that dischargeability complaint date unless there was fraud or other cause. Don't ask me what "cause" is because it's up to the judge to determine if cause exists.
                    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X