Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOO HOO! Can I have a hamster please??

Just checked my Pacer account and saw:

It appearing that the debtor is entitled to a discharge, IT IS ORDERED: The debtor is granted a discharge under section 727 of title 11, United States Code, (the Bankruptcy Code).

YAY! Thanks to everybody here for their advice and support!

Now on to live a life of happiness and frugality...

One hamster (or more) coming up for a successful and stressful "new start". Use it wisely.

Grats from all of us:

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Heres even more hampsters.....

CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks!!

Does this mean Best Buy can't come after my computer anymore?

Wow, this feels even better than I thought it would! And this whole experience has taught me a lot as well.

For example, the air conditioning in my car has been broken since last September. Dead compressor - $1100 to fix.

In the old days of credit slavery, I would have hauled out the Visa, bought a new compressor, and ended up probably pay twice that amount to get it fixed (by the time you factor in interest).

BUT - because I don't have credit anymore - I searched the internet, asked around, and with the help of my dad - finally found a perfectly good used compressor for $85. $220 to install it, and for about $300 I have AC in my car again! Because I used my debit card, I only paid that money once - no more paying 'minimum monthly payments' for the rest of my freakin' life! My car is happy, I'm happy (it's been unusually hot this summer!!) and best of all I don't have to stay up nights trying to figure out how I'm going to pay for it.

Yay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ohiogal View Post
          BUT - because I don't have credit anymore - I searched the internet, asked around, and with the help of my dad - finally found a perfectly good used compressor for $85. $220 to install it, and for about $300 I have AC in my car again! Because I used my debit card, I only paid that money once
          Yay!!!
          This is what I've been doing for almost 9 months now...at first it required pretty serious budgeting but it is becoming automatic now.
          I now shop price more and bargain harder since I will be paying for it ALL upfront. With CC's, I was less conscious of the real price since it didn't immediately 'ding' my bank acct.

AS long as you can also build up an emergency fund of cash, this is a far better way to live, imo.

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
            Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
            Statement of Presumed abuse filed 707(b) 05/03
            Statement of Non-Abuse filed!!
            Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

Hooray, congrats!!!1!

Can't wait for it to be my turn...
              DH laid off 3/08 | Last mortgage payment 12/09 | Filed Ch13 5/10 | Converted to Ch7 7/10 | 341 held 8/10 | AP filed by secured creditor 10/10 | Ch7 discharged & closed 11/10 | Foreclosure 10/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X