top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sense of Relief after your case was filed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sense of Relief after your case was filed?

Did you feel a great sense of relief after you knew your case was actualy filed?

We are filing on Monday

The further I get through the process, the better I am feeling.

The best will be discharge I know, but just wondering about the relief after knowing that your case will now be in the hands of the trustee.
    Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

I didn't realize the stress I was under until I filed and then felt a great weight off of my shoulders. It took me by surprise.
    Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
    Attended 341 September 2010
    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

I think I will be more nervous after I file but then again I get nervous over anything...lol
      "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

I felt a sense of relief knowing that the paperwork was actually submitted. Then the phone stopped ringing - that was terrific!!! Now I obsess over how my 341 is going to be, and if my trustee will want additional paperwork, and .....well you get the idea!

Congrats (a bit early) on your filing Monday!!
        Filed Ch 7 Sept '10, 341 Meeting Oct '10, Discharged Dec '10, Case Closed Jan '11

EQ 2/8/11 - 584, 6/2/11 - 677

Comment

onthefence, are you in St. Paul or MPLS?

I know I cannot wait to get it filed, but then I have reservations about my 341 meeting. Pacer will be my friend...or my nemesis
          Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Comment

Originally posted by tyson24 View Post
            onthefence, are you in St. Paul or MPLS?

I know I cannot wait to get it filed, but then I have reservations about my 341 meeting. Pacer will be my friend...or my nemesis
            St. Paul - And I know what you mean about Pacer!!!
            Filed Ch 7 Sept '10, 341 Meeting Oct '10, Discharged Dec '10, Case Closed Jan '11

EQ 2/8/11 - 584, 6/2/11 - 677

Comment

No great sense of relief yet. Yes, have extra $$ from not paying and no pressure from creditors, but getting over my attorney's fees, and catch up IRS witholdings, so net effect is a wash so far. Real relief will be felt in 01/11 I believe, when I can release the throttle on uber-witholdings. Though it will feel soothing to have the 341 done and discharge papers in hand
              Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
              AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

I did originally feel a huge load off after we filed....big big relief... and the lawyer seemed so confident that rubbed off on me....but then about a week and a half later the shoe dropped and we got a letter from the lawyer that the us trustee office was doing a 707b review on us. So we submitted what they asked for but haven't heard boo and I am scared to even look into it any further for fear I'll see something I don't want to. When we asked the lawyer about this 707b review thing he said no worries, they do it all the time it's nothing..... *really*??? He was still very confident about it all. I haven't read about a 707b review here on these forums anywhere unless maybe they're called something else, too.

So I sit tense and pop zantacs lol and don't sleep at night, just waiting for the next bomb to go off. Our 341 is still a few weeks away and I am dreading that.

The day we filed it the attny said we are garden variety BK. I figured we'd just fly on by under the radar. We are over median, but with a loss of 33% income over the past 2 years and huge debt we cannot carry any more. We used up our savings trying to.

Good luck Tyson - I hope it's smooth sailing for you.

Comment

Can 707b reviews be done after the 341 meeting?
                  Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

I believe it is 10 days after the 341.
                    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10

Comment

Thanks, Joe. Today is day 8 after my 341. Just checked PACER. Nothing has changed. LOL.
                      Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

So you all HAVE HEARD of 707 b reviews??? LOL I tried to search here and came up with nothing.

They sent about a dozen questions to us.

I don't know what will come of it. Attny did not seem phased at all.

Comment

As long as your attorney has done his job and you have nothing to hide, the review will be uneventful. 707b is the UST attempting to determine whether a presumption of abuse needs to be filed.

Please note, the above "nothing to hide" language is a generic term and in no way is meant to imply that there is in fact anything other than the truth disclosed in your petition filing....wow, I need to stop right now and take a break....

Comment

HAHA! i was reading your post above Joe, and thinking....what do you mean am I hiding something? Then I looked and saw drowninginIL's post.

drowninginIL, sorry you are going through this. I know its hard but it will hopefully all be over soon and you will be discharged.

Comment

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
                              As long as your attorney has done his job and you have nothing to hide, the review will be uneventful. 707b is the UST attempting to determine whether a presumption of abuse needs to be filed.

Please note, the above "nothing to hide" language is a generic term and in no way is meant to imply that there is in fact anything other than the truth disclosed in your petition filing....wow, I need to stop right now and take a break....

Tyson, sorry to hijack your thread....but I have more questions!! *sorry*

Well do you think this whole 707b review is just due to us being over median income? Is it "common"?? I lost my sense of relief over filing when this letter came to us.

Honestly many of the dozen + questions asked bordered on almost nonsense. I am too paranoid to be specific here...but there were some odd questions on expenses that I did not think were out of line at all for a family our size and from what I've read here on these forums, too. There were things I would not have expected to be flagged & then some I kind of did if we had back luck but we can back them. We didn't send receipts - this thing came out of the blue & by the time WE got it from our attny's office we had 2 nights to get the thing answered - so we did more explaining in our answers than proving. Most of the questions were looking for clarification or explanation anyway but they did question our monthly cell bill $$$ and our kids school and activity fees. I just broke those fees down into what's what and as far as the cell we used a 12 mo average and showed that.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X