top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are so many posts about "how can I screw the bank or my credit card company?"

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bkman2 View Post
    I'm reading post after post of people that gave up the house but want a way to stay in the house still. I'm also reading post from people telling them how to file this and that to stay. Not paying the mortgage and giving up the house but then trying to find some way to stay in the house for free is "screwing the creditor". I have also read post after post of people that took out a loan and then a month later filed BK, people that went years not paying bills and then filed and are telling other how to do the same.

I agree we all have our reasons for not filing sooner. There are 4 basic reasons, (1) no money (2) thinking things will change and get better (3) denial, you can't pay so they should go away (4) fear.

Maybe I'm different or just an ass but we are adults that made bad choices. If you can't fix your lack of money problem in 60 days then you need to file, if you can't pay your mortgage and are giving the house back to the bank then you need to move. With everything we do there is a good and a bad. Shop with CC's, good. Can't pay it back, bad. Need to file BK to get a fresh start, good. Have to give up some assest to get that fresh start, bad. I read a lot of great advise on BK but a lot of bad moral advise on moving on and letting go.

Bad things can bring us together. Some will use it to help others and some will use it to feed off of other. My point is that is your are out to help other then your posts will be about fixing a problem and ending it fast so you can move on. If you are out to feed off of others stress so you can keep yours going because for some strang reason deep down you enjoy it, then you will give advise that helps others to prolong their stress.
    this response really indicates just how uneducated you are with respect to the actual and real situations of most people on this site.

i think you stated it best when you said...
    .Bkman Maybe I'm different or just an ass
    and i certainly will not argue that point...you were quite accurate with that statement, perhaps one of the only accurate statements in your series of babbling's.

Bkman There are 4 basic reasons, (1) no money (2) thinking things will change and get better (3) denial, you can't pay so they should go away (4) fear.
    ......you state this with such authority...and some may have hit slightly on a point...but your totally incorrect.

just a few questions so we can get some clarification if you please:

bkman...when did you file bankruptcy
    did you file 7 or 13
    when was your 341
    when was your discharge
    did you have an asset case or no asset if a 7 was filed
    did you affirm, surrender or any other with your home
    did you keep your cars
    what was your DMI at the time of filing....

just wondering....stress does keep us together here...along with respect for each other's situation, and caring and support through, what for many is the worse and most difficult time of their lives.

in as much as giving bad or good moral advise on moving on or letting go...each situation is unique and each situation has it's own tale to be told. opinions are many and discussions are maze of confusion many times...especially for those just beginning to deal with these strong emotions of fear, guilt, regret, relief, disbelief and so on and so forth.

tell us more about your situation and we can best understand maybe where you are coming from???
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I know that a lot of people will hate this post but I have to say it. Seems like since the new site came up the posts have changed to, “how can I screw them and stretch this out?”. We are all here for one reason or another. Loss of job, went crazy with credit cards, didn’t really read what our mortgage contract said. Because of not being able to pay those bills we had to file for BK.

A BK is there so you can.....

1) Learn from what you did and don’t do it again
      2) Get a fresh start
      3) Keep your home

I don’t blame the credit card companies for trying to get paid, I spent the money. I wouldn’t blame my mortgage for trying to collect if I was late, I agreed to pay. If the economy never tanked then I would have no reason for my BK. What I don’t understand is all of the blame and anger at creditors. Don’t get me wrong, all the calls suck.
      But why, if you knew that you couldn’t pay then back would you wait 6 months, 1 year, 2 years to file for BK? If you don’t have a job I could understand waiting until you had the money to file, but if you have your job and are not paying anyone then you should be able to file within a few months. Your case would have been over years ago & your FICO wouldn’t have taken such a hard hit.

Mortgage contracts don’t change. The bank must follow the terms of the contract. I have talked to so many people that got a loan they new they couldn’t pay. They wanted a bigger house and in order to do that they took a loan with an arm. Payments were low and now they are high. Better yet they took out all of the equity so they could pay off other debt and with in a few years they built up all of the debt they just paid off. Is that the banks fault or yours for not asking questions and understanding what you were doing?

We all want someone to blame for our downfall. That’s normal, but in my opinion the only people that really have the right to blame anyone or anything are the ones that lost their jobs and cant find new ones, were injured and can’t work, and the people that lost a spouse and the income that came with them.If you choose to push your BK off for a year or two because you are thinking ‘screw them”, the jokes on you because you are the one that’s loosing out on a fresh start and the loss of the stress that comes from debt.

If you know that you can’t pay the mortgage and didn’t want to modify the loan and are just going to walk away, then do it. Why keep the stress going? You got your fresh start so take it. The bank lost and will get the house back. You don’t owe on it and you don’t own it anymore. Move out and move on. Learn to let go.I stopped paying my CC’s in NOV 2009 and filed in Dec 2009. At the time I had to go with a chapter 13. In July 2010 I converted my case to a chapter 7. I’ll be discharged this week. I’m free and I’m done. My stress from the debt is gone and I’m moving on. No anger, just a little regret from the things I DID.
      It seems to me you are the one angry. Are you angry b/c some people have to file BK and did not fall into your acceptable reasons for filing BK? Or are you angry b/c you did not stay in your house long enough to reep the benefits.

Your posts really don't make sense. I'm still looking for the posts that say "Here this is how you screw creditors". The only ones I've found say stay in your house as long as you can while in the foreclosure process. And you second that with your last post.
      "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

[QUOTE=drowning123;463263]
        I said "in my opinion the only people that really have the right to blame anyone or anything are the ones that lost their jobs and cant find new ones, were injured and can’t work, and the people that lost a spouse and the income that came with them".

So, you ARE being judgmental. I guess we should judge you, too, for filing. At the time you filed I guess you fit in one of those approved categories. Are you working now? Why not go dig up the old creditors and tell them you want to pay them back?

What other categories do you have to file? Judge me all you want because I can see that YOU are one of thoes that are angry because to you its personal and don't understand why to them its business. I paid my bills until I didn't have a dime in the bank. I went from $85,000 a year to zero. I made $10,000 last year. This year I may clear $12,000. I don't feel bad for the banks because they have insurance and writeoffs to cover what I didn't pay but I'm also not angry at then for not seeing things my way. I'm angry at me for letting things go as long as they did before I filed. So go ahead and read between the lines and add me to the list of poeple you are mad at, I don't care because I filed to solve a business problem.

Comment

Yea, I'm a little confused, too, Bkman2. If you're talking about folks who are trying to ride through, then say so. Aren't they actually trying to pay? They're not trying to "screw" the bank. If you're talking about folks finding ways to slow down the foreclosure proceedings, then that's a different story and maybe they have reasons for doing so, such as the same moral ones you gave in your opinion for why people should file. You have an answer for everything so why didn't you take care of your business and not end up in bankruptcy? I see a lot of "shoulda, coulda, woulda" from you, so why didn't ya? Huh?
          Last edited by drowning123; 10-21-2010, 11:23 AM.
          Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

I think this the thread that triggered BKman2. LOL!!! http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...onger-after-BK
            Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

I'm confused - One post you say surrender your house and move out then in the next you say stay until the foreclosure process is finished? Which one is it? You also say you don't blame the cc for wanting to get paid but then you say you don't feel bad for banks not getting paid b/c they have insurance to cover it. Which one is it?
              "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

[QUOTE=Bkman2;463273]
                Originally posted by drowning123 View Post

What other categories do you have to file? Judge me all you want because I can see that YOU are one of thoes that are angry because to you its personal and don't understand why to them its business. I paid my bills until I didn't have a dime in the bank. I went from $85,000 a year to zero. I made $10,000 last year. This year I may clear $12,000. I don't feel bad for the banks because they have insurance and writeoffs to cover what I didn't pay but I'm also not angry at then for not seeing things my way. I'm angry at me for letting things go as long as they did before I filed. So go ahead and read between the lines and add me to the list of poeple you are mad at, I don't care because I filed to solve a business problem.
                well...bkman...now your talking.....

now i got it....many of us have been there and done that. many of us ARE indeed angry at the banks but with reason....

apparently, you personally did not have the tools to prepare properly and now feel perhaps you waited too long to file.

let me first explain to you why SOME people wait.

as you know there are just a FEW questions on a bk petition...in some states some questions may ask....within 2 years have you....blah blah or...maybe in another state it was asked within 5 years have you blah blah blah....well, in fact, many people would like to answer NO to many of those questions...so their reasoning for waiting has nothing to do with reason you mentioned.

secondly...if you can't afford to file there are so many resources to help...including atty's who take payments.....

you may have waited too long for personal reasons that effected your directly. others plan their strategy carefully, like a game of chess. i'm sorry that you were not that mindful...because others were does not mean they did it with the intention to screw any banks...they did it to help their own personal situation...to make it easier.

we're not mad...just lack the understanding...honestly bkman...we are here to support one another not be "mad" at anyone.
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

***Crickets***

Comment

I think this the thread that triggered BKman2. LOL!!! http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...onger-after-BK
                    Probably but this is the only post I've seen like this. He/She states there was a huge flood of these kinds of posts.

And he/she keeps insisting we are all angry....LOL

Well I'm angry for being judge because I don't fall into one of the acceptable bkman BK excuses....LOL

Comment

I feel the same way as you, Freddy, since we're being categorized and chastised. LOL.

Comment

Real simple, my state is a service industry state. When the economy fell so did the work. Thats why we have 14.7% unemployed and are leading the nation in BKs and foreclosures. Again I ask you.....Besides lost their jobs and cant find new ones, were injured and can’t work, and the people that lost a spouse and the income that came with them.
                        What other reason are there. I'm being far from high and mighty and I don't have all the answers. You all seem to so tell me how is it better to tell someone that even those it can take 4 months for the bank to foreclose they should still try and stretch that and stay longer rather than seek help to move after the bank gets the house?

As far as my BK... I filed in Nov 2009 chapter 13. Converted in July 2010 chapter 7 assest case. Aug 2010 had my 341 meeting & got the abuse letter. Changed to no assest. Discharged Oct 2010. Kept both cars and the house. My DMI at file was -$105

Comment

Your quote BKMAN:But why, if you knew that you couldn’t pay then back would you wait 6 months, 1 year, 2 years to file for BK? If you don’t have a job I could understand waiting until you had the money to file, but if you have your job and are not paying anyone then you should be able to file within a few months. Your case would have been over years ago & your FICO wouldn’t have taken such a hard hit.

Regarding your commet above-As someone else might have said, it is because life happens! What about that leaky roof that needed to be fixed,there goes that $1500 I needed for the lawyer, then new tires on the car because they were bald and made the car unsafe to drive, oops, another $700 that needed to go to the lawyer. Forgot about one of my big ones, dog got hurt and needed surgery, close to $1000 on that one. All of these tiny examples make it much more difficult to save the money to pay the lawyer.
                          Just sayin'..............

Lucky you, you did it the "right" way and were able to file right away after you stopped paying.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
                            Probably but this is the only post I've seen like this. He/She states there was a huge flood of these kinds of posts.

And he/she keeps insisting we are all angry....LOL

Well I'm angry for being judge because I don't fall into one of the acceptable bkman BK excuses....LOL

is it time for cocktails YET??? PLEASE????

Comment

I feel the same way as you, Freddy, since we're being categorized and chastised. LOL.
                              well i don't know about you 2...but i rather like being chastised....LOL!!! it's the categorizing that has thrown me through the loop!

Comment

Don't be angry at people who live in states that have a lower unemployment rate than yours. Is that what this is about? You're angry at people who still have a job but ended up in bankruptcy? Let's see. . . how about they have expenses, which is where their salary goes every month? There are so many situations why people who still have a job file for bankruptcy. Unless you speak to each and everyone of them, you can't sit there on your high miniature pony and preach that only the sick, unemployed and spouseless are eligible for bankruptcy. How do multimillion dollar corporations end up in bankruptcy? Were they sick, injured, couldn't work or lost a spouse's income?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X