top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attorney Fees, Fraud and Foreclosure... Can He Discharge Them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd also like to add that taking your name off the deed but not the note(since it's very hard to do) is common practice these days, I see no bad representation here. It saddens me to think you grieved an attorney based on this, grievances are very serious proceedings and should not be taken lightly or filed on a whim.
    Any information posted by me is for general informational purposes only. While I am an attorney, I am not YOUR attorney and any information I provide is not legal advice.

Comment

Hi Lacerz:

I feel for you in your situation, I really do. I am AngelinaCatHub's wife, and what he posted was wise, and still is wise, but not the whole story. Long story short, we attempted to defend a friend against a defamer on a public forum that was local to our area.

The Defamer did not like that, and launched an all out attack against us, and our employment. In short, we were cyberstalked and cyber-bullied into losing three good jobs, over a nine year period. We had to defend against multiple frivolous lawsuits, as well as trying to launch our own counter-suit--which an incompetent nut job of an attorney--not our BK attorney--different story--cost us, trying to 'Do The Right Thing' and nail the evil bastard. This was the major reason we had to file BK.

This cost us hundreds of thousands of dollars, 'Hub's 401(k) plan, a couple of insurance policies, our family cemetery--for which we had to move the family--MORE dollars we didn't have. Then we get to pay Capital Gains tax on that sale.... which we are still paying post BK.

As the others have said, it is best just to let this issue go. File BK if you need to and get it behind you. After that, you have the whole rest of your life to look forward to, and it WILL be a good and happy life.
      Last edited by AngelinaCat; 05-04-2011, 05:45 PM. Reason: Got rid of stray text at bottom
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Okay, here's a thought... (Correct me on any inaccuracies please)

If the OP does file BK - would the monies owed/seeking through the contempt motion be considered an asset of her estate?

In other words could she use the trustee in her case as a proxy to go after the ex? If so, perhaps her trustee in seeking to collect as much as possible would become a thorn in the side of her husband - even if he files his own BK. This would open the door for the OP to pass along all the juicy information to the husband's trustee without actually being involved herself - per se.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X