Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I know?

Hi All;

This forum and google have a ton of information and it is great for someone like me considering bankruptcy but at the same time there is so much info.. how do I know really what is what? What should I look for when trying to decide who to trust and who to work with on my bankruptcy situation and possible filing or other options?

Thanks for your tips;
    Helen

Helen,
    There are dozens of threads in both the chapter 7 and chapter 13 sections of this forum that are stickied and can be great help. I think most would agree that getting free consultations with at least 2-3 local lawyers will also help in making the right choice whether BK is good for you, and your next steps.
    Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
    The rebuilding begins

Comment

Hi, and welcome. I think, as a lot of people here have mentioned, that one of the best ways to learn is to go around to different attorneys for their "free consults." You could also pick up a few different books from your local library about bankruptcy. Then of course, this forum has a wealth of information.

Comment

Welcome Helen! You've come to a great place.
        Start reading almost anywhere on the forum, formulate some questions, and come ask them. Lots of good help and support here. Hang in there, it'll all start to make more sense soon.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X