Account closed already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account closed already?

I've recently defaulted on both of my credit cards, with the intent to save the money for a bk attorney. Tonight, out of curiosity, I logged into one of the defaulted accounts, only to find that it was closed--not temporarily suspended, but CLOSED! "This account does not exist." Really? The payment is only five days past due!

I don't really care. It's not like I was planning on ever using the card ever again, but I was surprised. I've been late with this account before, and the only consequence was a late charge. Why would they completely close an account after only a few days past due? It's as if they knew I was planning a bk.

Any thoughts?
    Filed Chapter 7: March 19, 2012
    Discharged! June 28, 2012
    Closed! August 8, 2012

Did the account say closed? or that it didn't exist? Hard to believe that only after being late 5 days they would close an account and remove your online access. There must be something up with their website. It doesn't make sense. Did you normally pay your bill online. It's possible that because it's late that you have to mail in a payment. If I'm real late with my car insurance it tells me I can't pay online I have to call in a payment.
    Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Originally posted by mountanddo View Post
      It's possible that because it's late that you have to mail in a payment.
      Maybe that's it. It said "does not exist", so I assume it's been closed.

But, like I said, it doesn't make a difference, one way or another. I was just surprised.
      Filed Chapter 7: March 19, 2012
      Discharged! June 28, 2012
      Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

That is hard to believe they would do that in only 5 days, but do you have any other items? I don't know for sure, but I've heard that even past due utility bills are tracked these days. In 2009, I had a checking account with BoA that had a revolving credit line attached to it. Then, somehow or other, I went over my limit on the checking account. Next thing I went to use one of my BoA credit cards for a purchase, and it was declined. I remember of calling them that evening, and it turned out that all 5 of my BoA cards were closed.

Well, this was the beginning of the end of my credit card shuffling. The following year most of my bank credit cards, and store credit cards were quickly closed. All it would take was a couple of days late, and sometimes not even that. It seems there is such a thing as the "universal default" and the banks you are using, sometimes make inquiries on your credit report. If they don't like what they see, they change the rules, increase payment amounts, increase interest, close cards, etc.

Comment

I've had this happen with my Chase credit cards before.. The online account would randomly come up errored, closed or blank.
          Check tomorrow, or call the 800 number on the back of the credit card.
          8-25-2011 - Free Consultations. -- 9-03-2011 - Decided to file Pro Se
          9-15-2011 - Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se -- 10-17-2011 - 341 Meeting/No Asset Case
          Discharged 12-21-2011 - Case Closed 12-27-2011 - Another Pro Se'r has done it!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X