Creditors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditors

If the original debt was sold multiple times to the point where you do not know who you owe anymore. what happens? Is the orignal creditor written down and the junk buyer? I noticed on my credit report their are several account with same number. I just do not want to miss any.

I would list all that are on your credit report, both the original and the junk buyer. You might also consider calling your original creditors to ask for balances or to who they have sold your account. It is probably better to try and list them all, than to leave somebody out.

Comment

Make sure that you list the original creditor with the account # and the $$$. Everyone else, you or your attorney will list for information/notification purposes.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Great, even if they bought the debt the original creditor is the one that is paid? Its hard to keep up with the mail lol.

Comment

I will probaly be able to get rid of the judgements too,correct I have 3 that I am paying. Plus I owe state tax, they put a lien on my house. The others also put a lien on my house, but I am paying them, the one doubled the bill from 8000 to 16000 I am hoping I could get rid of them because I have a couple secured things that I will have to pay when I file. If I cannot get rid of the judgements I will not make enough to pay the secured. Anyone have any experience with this?

Comment

The debt owner gets paid, not the original creditor that sold the debt.

Comment

Will I still have to pay the judgements?

Comment

Originally posted by karm43 View Post
                Will I still have to pay the judgements?
                In most cases, judgments are unsecured debt that can be discharged in your bankruptcy.

In most cases, a judgment is worthless for the creditor. It is just another unsecured debt, it just takes a little more ink to make it go away.
                All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X