Another interesting mortgage turn.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another interesting mortgage turn.

After reading many people on not reaffirming mortgages.
    We decided not to.

Well last month I found out I couldn't pay my mortgage online. It was rejected. i had to go down tot he bank and pay.. Not a huge deal.. I just took my mortgage statement and paid.
    Already the 30th and I haven't gotten my normal monthly bill/statement.

I should still be able to pay right?
    8-25-2011 - Free Consultations. -- 9-03-2011 - Decided to file Pro Se
    9-15-2011 - Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se -- 10-17-2011 - 341 Meeting/No Asset Case
    Discharged 12-21-2011 - Case Closed 12-27-2011 - Another Pro Se'r has done it!!

If you want the lender to resume sending statements send it a certified letter authorizing the resumption of billing. State in the letter that you will not consider such action a violation of your bk rights. This usually works. As to on-line access, the lender may simply deny that regardless of your letter. Pay the old fashioned way. . . by check. If billing does not resume just make timely payments and you will be fine.

Des.

Comment

Authorizing this billing... Could this be considered reaffirming? I guess I don't really need a monthly statement. When I paid my mortgage online I never looked at those statement. Just thought it would be easier to have those when i pay the mortgage.
      It would just be nice to know that my money is going into the escrow like it's suppose to be going for.

Next thing. Should I pay by check? or go right down to the bank? I rarely use checks.. In 4 years, I probably wrote maybe 25 checks.

Comment

Authorizing billing is in no way, shape, or form a reaffirmation. A reaffirmation is a very very specific procedure with specific paperwork that needs to be signed before discharge. You do not need to worry about mysteriously reaffirming.

May I suggest that you just use a BillPay service from your current bank to send a check each month? You can even do that automatically so you won't forget.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Perhaps an autopay may help in the future.
          I never had enough money in my account to ever cover an auto pay.. What if I didn't have the funds? Things like that.
          My bank does offer a Bill pay service but for 5 bucks a month. For that price I'll just run down to the bank.. (1 mile away from where I live)

I just read somewhere to make it easier, Photo copy an older bill statement and use that when I pay at the bank or mail. Perhaps I'm just stressing too much about my home and mortgage. (I can get like that so please bare with me)

Comment

My original mortgage bank sold my loan about six months ago to another bank. From this new bank, I have yet to get a "normal" statement. I get a statement each month, it shows they have received my payments, some money goes into the escrow account, new balance of the loan is shown and property taxes are paid. However, the balance due each time is -0-. It does make me kind of nervous, but I suppose it's fine as long as I keep paying.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X