Denied access to my online mortgage account from new servicer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denied access to my online mortgage account from new servicer

The servicer we have been with since Sept of 2011, will not permit me online access to my account. I am a little ticked about this since we have been discharged and closed since Oct. 2010 and at that time they were not our servicer. I had no problems with my mortgage company during our Chapter 7.

I spoke with customer service and they said we do not have online access to our mortgage account because.......wait for it.....WE DID NOT REAFFIRM OUR MORTGAGE.

I have no idea what my mortgage balance is, payments being applied, etc. I receive no monthly statements from them. They said they can send coupon books. Hello that does me no good.

Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? I am really temped to go to the place that I think owns my mortgage and really complain.

If I recall, BOA stopped allowing us online payments after we went into default. i don't know if that is your situation or not. I can see their point since the bankruptcy competely changes the buyer/lender realtionship.

Comment

Many people who are denied online access to their mortgage accounts because of a bankruptcy have tried to fight without success. I suggest you set up an online monthly payment through your bank's bill pay.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

In that situation, I would rather pay by check anyway so I had record of the payment and the amount. I would be scared they would draft the online payment twice or something strange. Banks get weird when you file BK, LOL! I am beginning to think my grandpa who had no credit score, no mortgage, and kept his money at home (didn't trust banks) was on to something after all!

Comment

This happened when we filed 13. I mailed the payment to the address on the coupon slip like I had done for several years. It was rerouted from Illinois to NJ by their departments. It ended up taking over 30 days to clear the bank. Couldn't make phone or online payments so I set up bill pay through my checking account. Great decision.

Comment

We are with BOA. They cut off our online too, but I call them and pay over the phone. No charge for it, no late charges, nothing.
            And for as bad as everyone says, they have been NOTHING BUT KIND TO US.

Comment

I guess it ticks me off since they were not my servicer when we were going though BK. I had no problems with our other servicer during the whole BK. Nationstar is our servicer since Aug 2011 They flat out told me, "If you have a Reaffirmation Agreement, then you need to send it to us in order to get on line access." Well I don't have one. I hope they send me my year end statement so I can do my taxes.

I have to call them every month to make a payment ($10.00 to do it over the phone with a rep), which is often hard to do that during the day when I am at work. I called the other night to make a payment and their automated phone system kept telling me they were closed. I finally after calling back several times was able to get to someone and make my payment. It should not be this difficult.

Comment

Surely they have to send you a year end statement for taxes? Isn't there a law about this?

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Don't they sometimes send a "for information only" piece of paper? Perhaps there is someone to ask about that.
                  It just seems self defeating for them to make it so hard to pay. Especially if there is a change in the amount due, how would you know? Taxes could go up or you may have an ARM.
                  I'd be VERY unhappy about an extra 10 every month for paying.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

My bank, Anchor Bank has half way cut my online access.
                    I can see my account, balances deposits and escrow withdrawals just like I used to.
                    But I can't make a loan payment. It get refused immediately. I'll then see the withdrawal then credit on my bank account.

When i called the CS they transferred me the collections dept and told me I can't pay online any more because my account is flagged and locked. However she will be able to make the payment over the phone.. No thanks, not going to give anyone by bank card number without a receipt. So what I do now is go directly to the bank and have the teller call collections and make my payment for me.
                    8-25-2011 - Free Consultations. -- 9-03-2011 - Decided to file Pro Se
                    9-15-2011 - Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se -- 10-17-2011 - 341 Meeting/No Asset Case
                    Discharged 12-21-2011 - Case Closed 12-27-2011 - Another Pro Se'r has done it!!

Comment

I agree with an earlier poster. Set up an automatic payment through bill pay at your bank and forget about it. That way, there can be no excuses of checks "lost in the mail." Why are you checking your balance online anyway? As long as you receive your interest statement at the end of the year, that should be all you need to know, until you are ready to sell your house.

Comment

My BOA has cut all online access to me as well. Im 2.5 years into a 3 year 13. I just set up payment via my bank to be automatically sent. I do get monthly statements in the mail, though.

I pay my mortgage outside the plan...never was behind, so had no arrears to catch up on. Does anyone know if online access is granted after discharge? Before my BK, I was enrolled in a draft plan that took an extra payment a year (and 2 half payments a month) that would accelerate my payoff. That was taken away at filing, but I would like to do that again when Im discharged. Do they allow full access and stuff like that AFTER you are discharged or are you always banned from online mortgage payments/viewing?
                        Last edited by rpg1977; 01-27-2012, 03:05 AM.
                        $124,000 unsecured debt
                        $700 a month for 36 months.
                        Case completed 6/15/12, waiting on papers!

Comment

After reading this thread I am immediately going to stop online payments and bring them into the bank. We are going to try and maintain the house, although if something doesn't happen job wise in a couple of months we are going down the tubes fast. We have already stopped paying most of credit cards when the word went out in November about the lay offs in January. I am glad I didn't pay them and paid the mortgage instead.

Comment

Originally posted by rpg1977 View Post
                            My BOA has cut all online access to me as well. Im 2.5 years into a 3 year 13. I just set up payment via my bank to be automatically sent. I do get monthly statements in the mail, though.

I pay my mortgage outside the plan...never was behind, so had no arrears to catch up on. Does anyone know if online access is granted after discharge? Before my BK, I was enrolled in a draft plan that took an extra payment a year (and 2 half payments a month) that would accelerate my payoff. That was taken away at filing, but I would like to do that again when Im discharged. Do they allow full access and stuff like that AFTER you are discharged or are you always banned from online mortgage payments/viewing?
                            I don't know the answer for sure. But, since a mortgage on a home you retain isn't discharged in a Chap 13, I bet they'll allow access again after the case is closed. At that point, the loan isn't any different from a loan owed by somebody who never filed BK.

It's funny, Bank of America cut off access to my online account, but they still send me an email a week before the mortgage payment is due telling me the due date and how long it has been since I logged into my account.
                            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I'm with BOA as well and they cut off my access to my mortgage account as soon as the BK paperwork hit.

But, as long as the balance declines after payment, I'm good with assuming that they are crediting the payments as they should.

I do direct transfers from my checking account to my mortgage account. So far, they've been behaving themselves.
                              Final Payment 7/2016

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X