Creditor calls have abruptly stopped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditor calls have abruptly stopped?

I monitor my GV pretty much every day, and as of the past two weeks or so, Chase, BofA, and Citi were calling five and six times a day everyday. Now all of a sudden I've noticed that they haven't called at all in about three days. Does this mean they've sold to a JDB?

It could mean they've moved you to a 7 day call rotation.
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

How far behind are you on these payments? My calls dropped off after 9 months or so. After about one year, Chase sent me 1099's. I have not heard from Bof A in 6 months. My Citi account has gone thru 3 different Junk debt buyers.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel73L View Post
        I monitor my GV pretty much every day, and as of the past two weeks or so, Chase, BofA, and Citi were calling five and six times a day everyday. Now all of a sudden I've noticed that they haven't called at all in about three days. Does this mean they've sold to a JDB?
        Hey count your blessings Dies. We were fairly up to date when we filed so we only got a few. Almost settled with one over a weekend, and that sure would have thrown a wrench in our works. Have you filed yet? They then will completely disappear. We are into our 4th year of new start. We found being broke isn't all that bad. Life style change yes, but all for the good. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Don't miss them too much.
          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
            Hey count your blessings Dies. We were fairly up to date when we filed so we only got a few. Almost settled with one over a weekend, and that sure would have thrown a wrench in our works. Have you filed yet? They then will completely disappear. We are into our 4th year of new start. We found being broke isn't all that bad. Life style change yes, but all for the good. 'Hub
            LOL...Being broke is fine with us. As long as we can pay the mortgage, our one car payment, and the utilities with my wife not working we'll be just fine. We're hoping that after this is all over (we have not filed yet) that she can do daycare and tutoring out of our home. She is a certified teacher with 6 years experience and a Masters degree in Writing-she just ended up being a victim of school budget cuts. Once her layoff became final we saw the writing on the wall in the form of our $1200 a month worth of credit card minimums. With our cc debt gone the mortgage and the car won't be too hard to manage, my vehicle is paid off, we burn wood for heat (our oil fill for the season last week was only 25 gallons!), and we're becoming real pros at couponing. She is looking forward to becoming a SAHM-thankfully my job is secure with good benefits. We are done living beyond our means and loving it. Even right now it feels so good to pay for gas, groceries, etc...with cash rather than swiping a card and getting that sinking feeling in the pit of our stomachs.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel73L View Post
              LOL...Being broke is fine with us. As long as we can pay the mortgage, our one car payment, and the utilities with my wife not working we'll be just fine. We're hoping that after this is all over (we have not filed yet) that she can do daycare and tutoring out of our home. She is a certified teacher with 6 years experience and a Masters degree in Writing-she just ended up being a victim of school budget cuts. Once her layoff became final we saw the writing on the wall in the form of our $1200 a month worth of credit card minimums. With our cc debt gone the mortgage and the car won't be too hard to manage, my vehicle is paid off, we burn wood for heat (our oil fill for the season last week was only 25 gallons!), and we're becoming real pros at couponing. She is looking forward to becoming a SAHM-thankfully my job is secure with good benefits. We are done living beyond our means and loving it. Even right now it feels so good to pay for gas, groceries, etc...with cash rather than swiping a card and getting that sinking feeling in the pit of our stomachs.
              Here, here!! Sounds like you have our life style. Same with my wife. Too old and too educated to be hired. We to are attempting to self reley. I used to read "Mother Earth News" of long ago. A survivalist pub. Still around but like nine dollars to purchase. Used to be about two bucks in the 70s. 'Hub
              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

We found being broke isn't all that bad. Life style change yes, but all for the good. 'Hub
                We've always lived on a shoestring budget, even before we had kids, and were both working (and, no, I'm not talking about Nikes--I mean Payless). We know what we need, and what we don't need. My cooking is better than any restaurant, so we eat at home most of the time (although, I do have a weakness for Mexican). I refuse to pay for television, so we don't have cable. I'm a SAHM, so we don't pay for daycare, and we are a one-car family.
                Filed Chapter 7: March 19, 2012
                Discharged! June 28, 2012
                Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

Guess I spoke to soon as I got two calls today.

Comment

Don't worry their relentless!!! They won't stop calling I have over 25 calls a day and a few right in a row with diff numbers every day at 830am. I would worry when they stop calling, cause then their not threats anymore.

Comment

My debt is being sold off to other Junk Debt Buyers. There must be thousands of them ha.

Comment

Originally posted by lotsahats View Post
                        We've always lived on a shoestring budget, even before we had kids, and were both working (and, no, I'm not talking about Nikes--I mean Payless). We know what we need, and what we don't need. My cooking is better than any restaurant, so we eat at home most of the time (although, I do have a weakness for Mexican). I refuse to pay for television, so we don't have cable. I'm a SAHM, so we don't pay for daycare, and we are a one-car family.
                        Feels good doesn't it?

We may all be using our survivalist ways soon. I applaud you. 'Hub

Comment

Feels good doesn't it?

We may all be using our survivalist ways soon. I applaud you. 'Hub
                          It does really feel good having some control over our lives. I cannot wait to file and truly have a fresh start. I cannot imagine having just a mortgage payment and utilities, etc (there is a debate on what we are doing with vehicles - ride thru or give back after discharge). We are excited and nervous how everything will pan out.

It will be so nice to have some $ to start to get ahead and not be so paycheck to paycheck.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X