Bill after Chap 7 discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill after Chap 7 discharge

I recieved a bill from a third party collection agency (RSI Enterprises, Inc) regarding a medical bill that was included in my chapter 7 bk. What do i need to do in order to get them to stop sending me letters?

Thanks
    HP

Maybe just call the CA and give your case number. It worked for me with the few creditors that had somehow "slipped" through after filing my ch-13.

Comment

We sent a letter to a third party collector with the BK case number and a warning that any further attempt to collect will be used to take them to BK court. We also denied that we owed them anything. Several months and no further contact. It may sound harsh but many will tell you that third party collectors are anything but nice when they want your money.
      Lawyer - $3000
      Filing fee - $299
      Fresh Start - Priceless

Comment

Send the third party, a cease and desist letter, along with a copy of your Discharge Order. Make copies and send courtesy copies to your trustee and judge. Send the copy to the third party via certified mail with return receipt. This should stop it. We had to do this about three times before the medical provider and their collection agencies finally believed us.

Good wishes to you!
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Sent a cease and desist letter will see if they stop. Thanks for all your help guys!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X