Worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worried

Hi, So I retained my att. for a CH7 1 1/2 weeks ago, signed my petition on Monday but haven't heard anything back from him. He said he was going to file electronically and we would know when the 341 meeting was 2-3 days after the filing but today is Saturday and I haven't heard anything.. I emailed his assistant and no reply and checked pacer and nothing there... am I being impatient or should I call him on Monday and see whats holding him up?
    Retained Atty 4/2/12 - Filed 4/24/12 - 341 Meeting 5/23/12 - 7/30/12 It's all over

Call him and ask if your petition has been filed yet. If not, ask when it will be. But, I wouldn't worry based on a delay of a couple of days.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I agree with the Lady- delays happen in BKs, so be prepared and don't let a day or two freak you out. However, do stay on top of things and review all filings. The paralegal made some errors on ours that, though not fatal, could have delayed our case had I not caught them.
      All posts are opinion only- I am not an attorney.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X