Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 in two days...

and I'm terrified!

I know everybody goes into it with dread, and comes out of it wondering what they were afraid of, but I'm such a bundle of nerves, I can't stand it! The only consolation is I have an A.M. appointment, and it will all be over by lunchtime. But I wish it were over, now.

Filed Chapter 7: March 19, 2012
    Discharged! June 28, 2012
    Closed! August 8, 2012

Just keep a little picture in the back of your mind.... of us ALL holding your hand.
    You will be FINE.
    Then you'll come back here and tell us all about it. Maybe you'll have a funny story to tell. And we'll all laugh about how you worried for nothing.
    (I don't think you were here when I wrote about the 341 I visited. The tt got a text and hollered at his assistant.... YOU DIDN"T PAY THE PHONE BILL? It was the very definition of irony.)

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

After your 264 posts you are still uneasy? I was too, even though I was well informed. Don't dwell on it, but rather focus on how much better things can be. Think on your goal and what it will take to get you there.

...and just in case keep your fingers crossed.
      11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Originally posted by spidge View Post
        After your 264 posts you are still uneasy? I was too, even though I was well informed. Don't dwell on it, but rather focus on how much better things can be. Think on your goal and what it will take to get you there.

...and just in case keep your fingers crossed.
        "Uneasy" doesn't quite cover it. I think I'm gonna be sick. Thirty-four hours, and it will all be over.
        Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

My 341 meeting is tomorrow morning and the only thing I'm worried about is parking. I've told the truth on everything, I can't do anymore than that. My attorney said it will take about 5mins to do. As long as all of your ducks were lined up when you filed, you'll be fine.

Comment

I wasn't at all nervous about my 341 until I stepped off the elevator on the floor where it took place. Suddenly my stomach turned to butterflies. I managed to calm myself down before I was called. The 341 didn't last as long as the butterflies.

Hang in there lotsahats. It's going to be breeze!
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I assume they call us alphabetically, right? If that's the case, then I'll be toward the beginning of the queue. But, even if I'm the last person in my time slot called, I shouldn't be in there more than an hour, right?

Look at me, trying to approximate what time I'll be out of there. At least I have an A.M. appointment.
              Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

I don't know whether we were called alphabetically or not; probably not. We were about the fourth ones to be called. We got to the site more than an hour early and we hung around the room for the hour until other people started coming in. Then the trustee and his assitant came in and set up and started calling people.

Just make sure that you have your SS card and DL with you, plus anything else you may have been told to bring. If you weren't told to bring it, then leave it home--or at least in the car.

Leave plenty early so that you have time to deal with traffic snarls and other things that happen during the morning commute. Have plenty of quarters with you if you need to feed parking meters.

Good wishes to you tomorrow!
                "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Be prepared to wait longer than you would reasonably expect. Things rarely go wrong at 341 meetings, and it's all pretty much assembly-line type operations. The actual meeting usually takes less than 10 minutes, but, just like in a check-out line, there is always someone who holds things up. There were over 100 cases at my 341 meeting, and the trustee had 2 assistants conducting individual meetings. I still had to wait 2 hours from the time I signed in to be called.

Comment

I was given a scheduled time. Do you have an attorney going with you?

Comment

Originally posted by ess View Post
                      I was given a scheduled time. Do you have an attorney going with you?
                      I do. From what I understand, me, and about twenty other people are given the same time slot, and then you wait to be called. I was just trying to foresee how long I might be in there. I hope it's alphabetical.
                      Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

We were given a time slot too. We met with the assistant to the trustee and were there about 30 minutes early. It seemed the trustee assistant was more fired up at the attorneys than anyone else. She kept telling attorney after attorney that these people pay you to prepare their case and them as individuals for what may come. She went as far to force a refund to a couple from their attorney because the case was prepared so poorly. One attorney had to refund $500 back to one lady because this was the second time they requested an item and did not have it ready.
                        Although I knew my case quite well I was still nervous. Once we were called we were done in less than a couple minutes, if that long. My attorney was exceptional in my opinion, and was receptive when I challenged calculations and figures.

So it is now out of your control to an extent, so take a deep breath and have some confidence in your attorney.
                        11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Here, HERE for that trustee's assistant!!!
                          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I was nervous, I was scared... The hearing was fast, smooth and easy. My lawyer had the answer to each of his questions before he even asked them. The trustee started to ask, my lawyer would slide a document to him. It was quick and easy.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X