Auto Reaffirmation with Carmax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Reaffirmation with Carmax

I was hoping for a "ride through" in KY where I file BK and keep paying on the Jeep so Carmax doesn't repossess. They keep asking me to sign the reaffirmation. My Jeep is worth $12,250 per their estimate (have they seen my car?!?! lol) and I owe $6525. I have never missed a payment and have never been late.

What do to? My options seem to be:

Sign the reaff and agree to pay, keeping the car post-discharge (my Jeep has close to 100k miles!)
    Do not sign the reaff and surrender the Jeep (it has been wrecked on right side, not fixed)
    Try to "ride it out"

Interesting, we are discharged as of March 2012 and CarMax never even asked us to reaffirm. We still owe about $6500 and car is worth about $6000. We have never been late or missed a payment with them and have just kept paying like usual. They never made a peep through out the entire process. We have not heard from them after the fact either.

Comment

Don't reaffirm. Make payments on time if you choose to keep it. Immediately after discharge (like, later that day) call them and tell them you intend to keep making payments. See what they say.

Making payments on a damaged vehicle? Why are we having this discussion?

Comment

Originally posted by btbeme View Post
        Don't reaffirm. Make payments on time if you choose to keep it. Immediately after discharge (like, later that day) call them and tell them you intend to keep making payments. See what they say.

Making payments on a damaged vehicle? Why are we having this discussion?
        I put 'plan to pay per original agreement" on my schedule in box "other" - we'll see how it goes.

It's not that much damage, someone scraped me in a parking lot (hit 'n run) and I couldn't afford my $500 deductible to get it fixed.

I don't have the time to shop for a new car, secure a loan, etc. It's just easier to keep my vehicle, which I really like.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X