top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Close to getting new job- background check started-worried!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close to getting new job- background check started-worried!

Hi! Filed ch 7 12/3/12. Had 341 mtg 1/10/13. Just waiting for discharge in March. We reaffirmed our cars as they are only 3 and 4 years old and had low interest rates. Our filing was due to me leaving a job because the whole dept was being cut in 2013. I took another job to get out right after that announcement was made. 2 weeks into new job I quit. I hated it and wasn't what I expected. Anyhow I couldn't find a job for 3 months. I got a job in dec as a temp at a long term assignment with no chance if being hired on at the company I'm temping at. Anyhow- I did find a REAL job on my own and went thru 2 interviews ( I am still at the temp job as well). They even called me after the 1st interview the very next day to come back for a second one! Now I'm at the step where they are doing background and reference check. I did not mention my pending ch 7. Nor did the forms ask if I have ever filed. I am worried that they will see it and deny me the job even though I know they legally can't do it but I'm sure another excuse could be used. I have no criminal background and I reported my correct degree and schools. My references are solid. Will my ch 7 show up even if not discharged yet? It was all credit card debt. Our credit before that wasn't bad. We maxed out cards but paid the minimum. We didn't make late payments and were paying them right up until a few weeks before filing ch 7. Anyone get a job or were u denied a job due to ch 7? The job is handling expense reports - auditing them and approving them for rebusemrnt. Prior I worked in accounts payable.

It will show up instantly on credit report the day it is filed. I think most employers are looking for criminal records mostly. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
    chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Since I have filed I have applied at and been offered a number of jobs. I actually brought it up with HR at most of these places. There was only one place that I interviewed at that it was an issue and they had alot of very finicky requirements/questions on their application. Other than that I have been offered 4 jobs while I have been in my CH 13.

It will more than likely come up on their background check as it is a public record... (depends on how they run the check) but more than likely they wont even look at that part.

Also something to be aware of is that many of the companies do not actually get the information from the background check themselves, they hire a company to run the check on you and report back to them basically with a thumbs up or thumbs down based on certain parameters they lay out. So there is a good chance that even thou it is on the check that they do that that information would never make it to the hiring company... they would just get a thumbs up from their background check company that you aren't a felon (or whatever their parameters are). They often do it this way to protect themselves from being sued.

Comment

I filed in July, discharged in November and I never ran into any problems. I had a background check done for a job in December. For most jobs is not an issue. I think it's only an issue if you are going after something in the finance area. I wouldn't worry about it. Sounds like a non-issue.

Comment

Banks and some government jobs seem to be the ones that get flagged. Even though they say it's against the law to fire someone because of a bankruptcy or not hire someone, there are loopholes and ways of doing it anyways.

As I feel it, we ain't seen nothing yet on the number of people filing bankruptcy, it's going to increase over the next few years, a lot people are treading water and all it takes is a job loss or etc and that's it.

Comment

WELL- I GOT THE JOB OFFER TODAY! AND I TOOK IT! BYE BYE TEMP JOB!! I also got a notice in the mail from trans union that the employer did a background check and the public record of my BK was reported to them. FABULOUS news on a Friday!!!

Comment

congrats

Comment

8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X