Ch.7 discharged Dec. 2012. Did not re-affirm mortgage. My mortgage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ch.7 discharged Dec. 2012. Did not re-affirm mortgage. My mortgage

servicing has been transferred from B.O.A. to Nationstar.
    Will my not having re-affirmed the mortgage be a problem with a new servicer?
    Anyone have any experience or thoughts about Nationstar and what they're like to deal with? I'm
    reading a lot of bad reviews online about them, and I'm afraid of losing my house due to the non-affirmation.
    Thank you
    Dennis

It should not. If it does, present copies of your discharge to Nationstar. Just keep your payments current and on time.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

if Nationstar is just the servicer for boa, and the mortgage wasn't sold to them, nothing should change.

although, make certain all you information transferred to them properly, i seen these companies for some reason change addresses, phone numbers etc., just because the information from the bank itself didn't transfer over correctly. it's a good idea to always give your new servicer a call just to make certain all your information is updated.
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Thanks. I called them yesterday, as soon as I received the letter informing me of the change.
        I am reading such horror stories, literally hundreds of complaints on line about their mistakes in double billing,
        crediting payments late, charging unneeded late fees, not paying taxes and escrow fees, and changing peoples mortgage
        payment amounts arbitrarily.
        I understand that it's generally just the people who have but bad experiences who take the time to complain, but it worries me.
        Thanks for your help.

Comment

dgifta, it seems to happen more nowadays than in years past for the mistake. shoot, we one year had our mortgage sold 4 times! we had 4 1098's at tax time. it was nuts!

i'm curious myself, i have one property in texas that i handle for a client, with a chase mortgage that changed to vericrest and a month later is calibur? i called to make certain the owner is getting the statements as i just competed the address change with vericrest since it was being mailed directly to texas and they don't live there...so wouldn't you know calilbur send the monthly statement again to the wrong address, the people are calling me right and left that i didn't take care of it...what a mess! i hope it goes easier for you!
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

dGifta, Wow you must be in my mind! The same exact thing just happened to us. I also have read some terrible things online so I actually called Nationstar yesterday as I had not received any information from them ( welcome letter, loan info, etc). I called the number on the letter I received from BofA - they were able to verify my new account number, balance, payment, etc. I asked if they will be able to send statements - they stated after discharge they would ( I had read a lot online that they refused to send statements). I hope for the best!

Comment

Hi Jenn, thanks for you message! I'm really glad to read your message. I was very worried after reading all the complaints
              about Nationstar, especially regarding not allowing online access or online payments to people who didn't reaffirm.
              I'm glad they were able to give you your loan number. I've called them twice, and they don't yet have a loan number for me.
              How long ago were you notified of the transfer? I just got word 2 days ago.
              Your message has really eased my mind, thank you so much for letting me Jenn! I will keep you apprised of any info I get.
              Best Regards
              Dennis

Comment

I left out the word"know"
                The sentence should read" thank you so much for letting me know Jenn".
                Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by dgifta View Post
                  I left out the word"know"
                  The sentence should read" thank you so much for letting me know Jenn".
                  Dennis
                  Just FYI - you can always correct errors in a prior post by clicking on the little pen-symbol at the right bottom of the according post where it says "Edit". Makes it much simpler..
                  Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
                  FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
                  FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

I just thought I would let u know.... I called nationstar in july after I received our discharge/close and asked when I would start receiving statements again. He said it could take up to two weeks to update their system. He confirmed my discharge and said he would put a request in to update our "file". Sure enough, I went to the mailbox yesterday and there was our august statement. Looks like they don't mail until the last day of the month, but glad that I am receiving statements again!

Comment

I was part of the Aurora to Nationstar merger, July 2012. Discharged in 2011 - did not reaffirm.

I've been making payments via cashier's check, mailing payment certified/return receipt from the very beginning with Nationstar because this outfit is at best, completely inept, and at worst - a foreclosure mill designed to lull you into complacency so they can milk you for every cent they can get.

I've had a lawyer lined up since September 2012 and we've been waiting. We've been following the RESPA playbook - demanding documentation they are required to give us but somehow they can't (or won't) produce. All the way up through September, payments have been correctly applied - we have never been behind, have never missed a payment...even in the middle of chapter 7, we paid (Aurora at the time).

This month, I sent my cashier's check as usual and lo and behold...they fail to post the payment to my account. I have documented proof they received and cashed the check on October 1st but still, my account shows as owing. I was talking to one of the reps there and managed to get out of her that our file is "coded as 'litigation'". They can't prove we are even supposed to pay them - they have failed to produce any documentation at all that they have any right to collect our mortgage payments.

We've got an appointment with our attorney next week. Looks to us as though they are starting procedures to take our house.

Be very careful with Nationstar. Check out the online complaints...there are many.
                        Any opinion expressed is based on personal experience and/or research. i.e.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X