top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 years later, and it's all over. Can't believe it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 years later, and it's all over. Can't believe it!

I have been a lurker here for 5 years, and never felt the need to post until now because everything has always been answered.

I dropped off my last payment of 1677.46 today and zero'd out the balance. 5 years, up and down, any questions and a ton of issues with Bank of America I always found myself here for information. It's been an invaluable resource, and I'd like to thank everyone who reads this.

So I wish everyone the best who is in 7 or 13, and keep your head up, because when our house flooded for $113,000 in damages I didn't think we'd ever make it out. But tonight we celebrated and I've never felt better.

Here is to a new life. =)

Thank you!

Great News

Comment

Congratulations...i am very happy for you!!!! Enjoy your new freedom
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Congrats and the best for a bright future!

Comment

congrats!!!
          Discharged 5/2015

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Sweet. Glad you made it and glad you posted about it.
              All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
              Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Congrats and hope all goes well in your new life.
                11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Congrats! Awesome accomplishment. Now stay and contribute for those who will need it in the future! Congrats again!

Comment

Wonderful! How the heck did you cOme up with 113,000???? Congrats to you and your family?
                    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We have a CHAPTER 13 Discharge Party!!! Here you go:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Sorry I'm late, but we had a lightning storm a few days ago that took out our Comcast service...
                      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by dmc-2008 View Post
                        Wonderful! How the heck did you cOme up with 113,000???? Congrats to you and your family?
                        How?

Gee, where do I begin. Our house was built in 2005, we went up to Alyeska Resort for the weekend with our son and 2 daughters. Basically, came home, and there was 3 inches of standing water in our kitchen, that was slowly draining out into the living room and dining room area. Water had ruined all our furniture, our fireplace, ENTIRE kitchen, down through the main flooring had to be replaced in the entire downstairs except the 4th bedroom. The entire ceiling in our basement had to be replaced, the bathroom down there, my daughters bedroom was flooded..

It was a nightmare. We got screwed by Allstate, when they declared the flooding not "sudden and accidental" and had consulted my company lawyer about taking them to court, and we did. They ended up settling with us for a measly amount of money, and covered all legal fees. And in the end, we would have spent our entire savings to fix - we could not do that with 2 kids in college.

So we fixed it, we ended up closing our business shortly after, and found bankruptcy to be the best route instead of losing our house, and going broke.

Comment

Makes me want to revisit my insurance policy.
                          11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Wow! Congratulations to you and thanks so much for posting. Every time someone has a discharge party it's a huge encouragement to all of us here! (...doin' a happy hamster dance)
                            Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
                            Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X