Background check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Background check

My wife was offered her dream job and she accepted. We are selling the house and moving to another state. She has already put in her notice. The HR department called to get info to do a background check today so needless to say we are freaking out a bit. We were discharged from our Chapter 7 two months ago. Does anyone have any positive stories about this not being a problem. Not a financial job but it is buying and marketing for a large well known company.

Hi.
    I'm in an active 13. I was offered a job about a month ago based on a clear background check. Needless to say I was petrified. NoT A PROBLEM...it took a week but everything came back fine. They never even did a credit check and I'm now in the job. Hopefully your wife's check will not be a problem either. Good luck1
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

I had a background check run on me for another job I accepted a few months ago. No big deal, no problem.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

My husband and I have both changed jobs twice since we went into Ch. 13. Although we consented to background checks at each place none of them actually did the checks.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Just what I needed. Going through BK was hard and its nice to know there is some light ahead of us.

Comment

Okay good news. Everything cleared. We are continuing to rebuild our lives and this is another big step. Getting through CH7 was the first. Our cost of living is going to drop significantly and our income is going to increase. We are starting to get some breathing room in our checking account and are in the black for the first time in years.

Comment

Congratulations!
              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

show of hands please...who doesn't have a BK ...foreclosure, late payments on their credit report...please hold those hands high so we can get a count! i counted approx 19 million hands. (that was hard!).
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X