top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do I find credit card account numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do I find credit card account numbers?

When filing bankruptcy is a credit card "account number" defined as:

a) ...the actual credit card number used for purchasing?
    b) ...the "Account number" that shows up on one's triad credit report, e.g. 123456789012XXXX (which also appears at bottom of page one of CC statement) ?

I am guessing b).

What do you say?
    Last edited by Wowzers; 04-19-2014, 09:20 AM. Reason: oops

The full account number is the number on your card, it should be the same number on your credit reports, but CRA's often show the last few digits as XXX. If you have had accounts go to a collector or JDB, it may have a different account number, which is the number a CA may assign.

Is there a specific account number you are questioning?

Comment

You are overthinking this. An account number should be provided if known, but if not known, it is not required. If a defaulted credit card has been sold to a junk debt buyer or collection agency, then there are actually two account numbers: the account number for the OC, and the account number for the JDB. If you do not know the entire account number, then it is sufficient to simply put down the name and mailing address of each creditor. For debts which may have been sold, it is extremely important to list both the OC and each CA, JDB, or law firm which has contacted you about the debt.

Comment

Actually the credit reports I see do not contain the CC #s in part or whole. They contain an account number that is associated with a particular CC on a given statement but it is not the CC # used for transactions.

I like the idea that I might be overthinking this, but it seems a fairly simple thing to know what account number to use for the debts one is seeking to have discharged. Hopefully the attorney can answer it or confirm that it is not required.

Thanks

Comment

What credit reports are you looking at?

I don't know what you mean by an account number associated with a particular CC on a given statement.

Comment

I noticed on my credit reports that there is often another account number listed that was not my actual credit card number. Try looking at your credit report.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X