Am I The Last To Know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I The Last To Know?

I filed chapter 7 and am awaiting discharge that was estimated to happen on July 12, 2014. I haven't received any notification of discharge but apparently every car dealer in the US has. I have received at least two dozen car offers in the past two days. I got one offer from a dealer in D.C. that had my name, discharge date, case number, judge and trustee's names listed. (Like I am going to go to D.C. to buy a car).
    I called my attorney's office and his assistant told me they had not received anything yet. She said these car dealers must be notified electronically. I thought it would be kind of nice if I got an email too.

They have this stuff down pat. I received multiple car dealer letter exactly on my discharge date. Not 1 day before but the exact date.

Check pacer if you want to.
    Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

Nah, nioka, that is common practice once one files bankruptcy. It doesn't matter that you haven't received Discharge yet. Once the 'Suggestion of Bankruptcy' goes out to your creditors, you become fair game for all the offers.

The reason? They know that once you are discharged, that you cannot file BK again for at least eight (8) full years from your filing date. Therefore, they hope to hook you in again with all the nice offers, etc., etc., ad-nauseum. My advice is to shred any and all offers and learn to live on a 'cash only' basis.

Good wishes~~
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X