This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scbendel View Post
    Yeah, mine goes up annually. As does the list of things they don't cover anymore. Same provider.
    Mine used to go up annually, too, and while I wasn't happy about it, I'm aware of the fact that costs go up. 41% in 7 months, however, is not acceptable. In addition to that, the letter about the increase going into effect on 3-1 stated that "the rate is usually adjusted once a year due to the rise in medical costs and for the increase in age of each person covered by the plan."

The letter today also states the reason as "rise in medical costs and for the increase in age of each person covered by the plan". However, they dropped the "once a year"-notation. How funny! I'm curious what happened so unexpectedly over the last six months. Did the people covered all of a sudden got 10 years older? I'm suspecting they want to cash in big before Obamacare goes into effect.

I called their hotline and it seems they are currently bombarded by calls. Rightfully so!
    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
    FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
    FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

And my school has stopped offering insurance to pt students.
      so I have one month left and then no idea.
      Aargh.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

instead of doing the correction on the hospital billing level...true story of the $150 small bandaide, they raise people's cost of care, or in our case lower our quality of care. unreal. again, a no win situation for us.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by IBroke View Post
          Mine used to go up annually, too, and while I wasn't happy about it, I'm aware of the fact that costs go up. 41% in 7 months, however, is not acceptable. In addition to that, the letter about the increase going into effect on 3-1 stated that "the rate is usually adjusted once a year due to the rise in medical costs and for the increase in age of each person covered by the plan."

The letter today also states the reason as "rise in medical costs and for the increase in age of each person covered by the plan". However, they dropped the "once a year"-notation. How funny! I'm curious what happened so unexpectedly over the last six months. Did the people covered all of a sudden got 10 years older? I'm suspecting they want to cash in big before Obamacare goes into effect.
          That, or Obamacare's requirements, many of them unnecessary and excessive, are driving prices up even further.

Comment

Originally posted by dgtxpride View Post
            That, or Obamacare's requirements, many of them unnecessary and excessive, are driving prices up even further.
            Health insurance has been increasing every year prior Obama becoming president. Obamacare aides in reducing the cost of health care and aides in improving the delivery of health care provided to patients. However, insurance companies continually look for ways to circumvent the methodologies proposed and continue to drive up cost as a way of foster the status quo of under insuring patients while driving up the cost companies and patients must bare.
            The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X