Homeowner's insurance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeowner's insurance.

My 341a is this Friday and confirmation hearing on 10/26. When should I cancel my Homeowner's Insurance? The insurance premium was paid from an underfunded escrow account, does the reimbursement get sent to me or the mortgage company?

So, you are giving up the house? If so, you really shouldn't cancel the insurance until the bank forecloses. You are on the hook for liability related to the property as long as you are the legal owner. You do need to let the insurance company know when you no longer occupy the house as your current policy is probably for an occupied home.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I guess I was lacking in information in the first post. I have already moved out of the house and the bank filed the Lis Pendens last October. My Ch 13 plan is to surrender all secured property and pay 100% on unsecured.

Comment

But has there been a foreclosure sale? Who currently has legal title to the house? If the foreclosure process has not been completed and you still are the legal owner of the house, you should consider keeping it insured in case somebody gets hurt while on the property or something happens on the property that causes damage to somebody else's property. You won't want to bother insuring against damage to the property itself, just for liability to others.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X