Insurance rates up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance rates up

looks like our health insurance rate is going up 20% along with a higher deductable. With the new state of flux on health insurance alot of people im sure are wondering how this will effect people on fixed incomes --chapter 13 clients. For our family it really does not make our plan workable. Anybody have thoughts on this topic that will effect all.

Ours is going up also. I have Kaiser and have always had a flat $20 copay per visit with no lab fees..now it will be an HMO type plan with upfront deductibles of $2400 (employer paying 1st $1200). We then have a 20%/80% coinsurance up to $6000...
    I definately didn't budget our 13 out with this in mind but we are paying minimum amount to fund secured/priorites in our plan so we will need to make it work...
    Filed CH13/5yr 7/29/10
    341 10/7/10
    Confirmed 11/7/10

Comment

Wait, are you saying your health insurance rates went up after you filed BK??
      Filed Ch. 7 11/8/10: Survived 341 Meeting 12/13/10 Report of No Distribution!! 12/14/10Received UST Presumption of Abuse!! 12/15/10 UST states Dismissal is Inappropriate! DISHARGED!! 2/22/11

Comment

I think they are referring to companies raising their insurance rates due to Obama's Health Reform Changes -- rates increase because of things like companies being required to insure children up to age 26 even if they are not student's.

Their rates are not going up because they filed Chapter 13.

It is just bad timing is what I am reading into this, and since they did not know the increase was going to happen did not plan payments to go with these new changes.

I believe people are wondering if plan payment can be modified with the additional expenses.....
        Chapter 13 Filed November 10, 2010 Indiana - Southern District - United States Seventh Circuit
        Attended 341 hearing 12/15/2010

Comment

ohhhhhh. . . thanks Mike!!
          Filed Ch. 7 11/8/10: Survived 341 Meeting 12/13/10 Report of No Distribution!! 12/14/10Received UST Presumption of Abuse!! 12/15/10 UST states Dismissal is Inappropriate! DISHARGED!! 2/22/11

Comment

that is correct Fishersmike ... our family just found out and it got me thinking. Also, we have a teen with a drivers permit and will need to put her/him on our car insurance. Fun Fun Fun.....

Comment

I posted a thread on this earlier as well. My health insurance co pay increased substantially starting the first of the year. Also our car insurance is not going to go down even though our oldest child turned 21this month. They will not change his rates until he reaches 25 years old. Lots of B.S. There goes the 5% pay increase I got in July this year.

Got quotes on different car insurance and due to us bieng in bk, the rates are higher than we are paying now. Can't win!
              Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

BCBS sent us our yearly love letters. Our options are to go up to a $3000.00 deductable, with higher premiums, or stay at the $1500.00 deductable with higher premiums. All this and they didn't kiss me when finished......
                All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Luckily the company I work for is big enough where they self-insure and use BCBS for administering the claims. Since I am single our rates did not go up, in fact they went down a bit. The people's rates that went up were for employees with families - since the required new provisions only applied to them, the rate increase only applied to them. Now I will say if I were not single I would be LIVID.
                  Chapter 13 Filed November 10, 2010 Indiana - Southern District - United States Seventh Circuit
                  Attended 341 hearing 12/15/2010

Comment

Our lawyer stated since we're in a 13 - if our premiums ever increased and our income allowed, we can modify our plan to account for the increase.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
                      Our lawyer stated since we're in a 13 - if our premiums ever increased and our income allowed, we can modify our plan to account for the increase.
                      pandora, that's good to know for those in a chapter 13.

we just rec'd notice that our medical services were changing....our premiums are going up a bit...and our ss check is going up approx 9 bucks and change..(how generous of them).

we were also notified that some services will also no longer be covered....so basically, they are increasing the cost and providing less...just great!!
                      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by beennasuna
                        Depends if you live in a high crime rate area, and also what insurance company your with, and by vandalizing, do you mean like beat in with a baseball bat, or spray painted.
                        yes...i can see and get that...a bat would most likely be excellent and inexpensive insurance....a bit on the risky side tho..;0
                        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X