insurance payment for break in Chapter 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

insurance payment for break in Chapter 13

We filed bankruptcy last month and go to court next month. Last week our home was broken into. Lots of property was taken including guns that belonged to a deceased parent. Lots of the childrens toys, and electronics. Will we have to forfit any payment from insurance?
    Home owners insurance is not included in the trustee payment. Chapter 13

Hi brownlab:

Welcome to the forum. Please give a little more info about your filing situation. I understand that you are a Ch13, but w/o knowing more, the Ch13 gurus cannot respond in a responsible manner.

Thank you
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I have no idea what more info to offer. What do you need to know? I will have my wife post any details you may need.

Comment

Well, it's not sure what you are asking?

Someone broke in...took some stuff...you filed, or are in, chapter 13...what is it you want to know?
        Last edited by HHM; 01-10-2011, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Our chapter 13 only involved credit card and medical bills. The only other bills we had are house and truck payment. We are paying that to a trustee. Our mortgage does not include taxes or insurance. We pay that separately. I am not sure what else you may need?

Comment

When insurance reimburses us for the loses, will we be able to replace the items taken or will the bankruptcy case take the money.

Comment

I think the poster is wondering if the insurance money they get for the stolen property will be taken by the trustee. Now, we had something similar happen but we had filed a chapter 7. We did get to keep the money to replace the 4 guns that some jerk (or jerks) stole out of our garage. However, I think this was due to the fact that we still had wiggle room in exemptions from the bankruptcy.

Brown lab--- are you just wondering if the trustee will take the money your insurance company gives you for replacement of these items that were stolen?
              My kids better not put my FICO score on my headstone~ (quote by dspii)

Comment

yes

Comment

Originally posted by brownlab View Post
                  I have no idea what more info to offer. What do you need to know? I will have my wife post any details you may need.
                  You really need to know what is going on, if you and your wife are going to have a successful CH13. It sounds like the both of you are not communicating at all, if you cannot answer the simplest of questions.

Comment

I do not think you will have to forfeit any of the insurance money. We didn't have to. You do have to notify the trustee. I would suggest talking with your attorney. If you plan to just replace the stolen items, I don't think it is going to be a problem. It wasn't for us. But keep in mind, we did a chapter 7 and you are in a 13.

Anyone else know for sure how this will work out for them???

Comment

You don't have to be such a jerk, Ch 13 is a repayment and you don't need to know every detail to answer a question. We communicate just fine. This type of question was never approached or even thought would happen when we were meeting with the attorney. I, the wife, just want a simply answer, not smart remarks.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                        You really need to know what is going on, if you and your wife are going to have a successful CH13. It sounds like the both of you are not communicating at all, if you cannot answer the simplest of questions.
                        What was this all about? I think he was confused as to what other information you were looking for. This particular post was a little harsh and personal, in my opinion... he is new to the site..... put those kitty claws away and play nice
                        Last edited by dneil; 01-10-2011, 07:18 PM. Reason: changed a word... lol

Comment

Brown Lab- I don't think Angelina Cat was meaning to be rude. I have been visiting this site for a while and have found a ton of very valuable information as well as met some very intelligent posters. Please stick around

Comment

Originally posted by brownlab View Post
                            You don't have to be such a jerk, Ch 13 is a repayment and you don't need to know every detail to answer a question. We communicate just fine. This type of question was never approached or even thought would happen when we were meeting with the attorney. I, the wife, just want a simply answer, not smart remarks.
                            Excuse you, but I can only assume that you are responding to my post. I responded to your post as written, and I stand by my response. All I asked for was for information for which you stated that you did NOT know, and you would have to have your wife answer. Then I suggested that more info was needed so that the Ch13 people could respond. What is wrong with that?

I see that others have stepped in and answered. I hope they did answer your questions.

Comment

Wow, I had no idea that asking a question would turn out like this. The reason I stated that I would have my wife answer was because I had to leave the house for a little while. Not because I did not know what was going on.
                              What do you need to know to answer my question better?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X